Guess Who is having a birth/hatch day soon!!!!!!

mompopsicle

Jul 27, 2010
Media
Missouri
Parrots
I have one Sun Conure named Popsicle
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say that I finally got my papers from Petco on Popsicle. And Birdamor was right about Popsicle being older then what they told me he was. His hatch date was Aug. 24, 2009.

I went into Petco today and they have several more conures in and I couldn't believe how ragged they looked.

my question to you is... Is this why it is taking longer for Popsicle to come around, I'm still having troubles with him getting on me, I know I've only had him 3 and 1/2 weeks and he has come along ways. He will come out to the end of the cage door now when it is opened and want a kiss. But it is only on his/her terms that he will get on me, then dont stay on me long till he/she flys back to the cage.

I did buy a little piano and Popsicle has done learned how to make the music play.

Thanks,
MP:orange:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Popsicle will come round when he feels safe and trusting. He must be given time to settle down, get used to his new environment. Keep the cage door open, leave a treat near the entrance, when he feels safe enough he will venture out and take it. Do not attempt to try pick him up at first. It takes a lot of time, patience and perseverance.
Hang in there, no matter how long, you will be rewarded eventually.

OP
mompopsicle

mompopsicle

Jul 27, 2010
Media
Missouri
Parrots
He comes out all the time and plays, and plays with me, he will come to me (on his own) most of the time, he loves my hair. But the thing is, I think I had to start over with him because I moved his cage about a half foot and the trust that I had gained I had lost so I feel like he has to trust me again and this time I guess it is taking longer. But I give him lots of love and talk to him all the time, and when i walk close to the cage he runs out to me most of the time. I guess I'm just in a hurry for him to me in my hands playing.

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Hey MP, glad you got popsicle's papers sooner than the 6 weeks they told you it would take, if he's coming up on a year old it could very well be he wasn't very well socialized before coming to the store, or he has been at petco for a while being poked and proded at, whatever the case may be he's in your care now and it seems your on the right track, just show the love and patience you have been and give him time, keep the faith :)

OP
mompopsicle

mompopsicle

Jul 27, 2010
Media
Missouri
Parrots
Thanks Bob,

And I know not to move the cage for a long while. LOL Oh he seems as if he loves me, you can tell he wants to step on my hand but just not there yet and when he does get on me it is from the elbow so maybe soon.

And what I figured since he don't like men at all that the boys at petco might have teased him besides the customers pestering him. But thats just my thoughts on that.

MP

Most Reactions

Latest posts