Hanging play gyms

Chesphoto

Feb 10, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
Skittles - scarlet macaw
Looking for a Christmas present for Skittles. She loves the round circle rope swing that I got her and thought that this has even more potential for fun.

Please take a look and let me know your thoughts. If you have seen something even better, I am open to suggestions too.

I posted this in the Macaw section, but no one who has responded owned this. I was hopping to find someone that owned one of these.

Thanks!

Parrot Play World Ex Large Hanging Parrot Gyms Gym Macaw Cockatoo

bob1

Jul 21, 2013
California
Parrots
Chico the Cinnamon Green Conure and Malik the Congo African Grey
It looks like Skittles is going to have great Christmas! I have not seen something for a Macaw anywhere that looks better than that.

KimKim

May 5, 2013
Parrots
CAG
I have the centurian for my grey! The mess catcher that came with it did not catch the most of the "mess" though. I'm not sure why, I guess because my guy was at the top and it tilted the gym so the poops were just missing the catcher. I emailed them and I had to order the next size up mess catcher, and that helped a lot. Also, I'm not sure what they use or do to make the branches brown, but when I take a wet paper towel to clean it, there is brown on the paper towel... I never did ask about that. Overall my grey really liked it, I haven't hung it up since we moved back from VA but I have been thinking about it, so I will dig it out soon :)

KimKim

May 5, 2013
Parrots
CAG
Oh, and my grey was able to chew up a couple of the end pieces, not bad just little chew marks. The gym itself reminds me of a hallow rawhide bone. I was just a little out off by that because it says extremely durable...

I hope I didn't scare you away from getting it, jut wanted to share my thoughts, it's still a good gym.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I got one of those for my Red Fronted Macaw when she was a baby, and they first came out... she practically LIVES on the thing... Spends most of the day on it. And I've had that thing for about ten years. It's easy to clean and has held up well.

In fact, I'd like one or two more for my bird room...

Oh, mine came out before it had the catcher thing...

I'd think that thing might be hard to wash. I put a sheet of linoleum below it.

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
I have the one that is a hanging gym and convert to a floor gym as well. My Grey likes it.

Most Reactions