Play gyms!

psitticine

Dec 23, 2022
Parrots
Chichi (2021 - 2022)
Rainy (current)
Hi all,

I ordered a play gym from Etsy for my sweet quaker a while ago, but it never arrived. Had to get a refund. So now I'm looking for a better seller. Rainy is in much need for exercise and more challenging enrichment!! The play gym I ordered was PVC with vet tape, which I really like, but I'm finding that a good sized one with enough tools for enrichment at a reasonable price is hard to come by. So I'm looking at wooden ones now. I'm really considering this one:

Has anyone ordered from this seller before? They have plenty of info about the safety of the materials used, so I'm pretty confident in this seller so far. The only thing I can't find anything about is the dye that they use. Has anyone else ordered from this store? Any other suggestions for good sellers/products? My price range is about $60 - 80, and I'd like one with a swing and a ladder.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I would go against that one. The beads on the latter are varnished and unsafe for birds. The chains and hooks used are also unsafe.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
PVC gyms are really easy to build yourself! They look intimidating but it’s really quick and easy. Here is mine:

80E85122-485C-4FCA-804F-E73121A1AAE5.jpeg

And here’s where I got the inspiration:

Most Reactions

Latest posts