Happy 4th everyone!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Just wanted to say happy 4th to everyone on the parrot forums! Hope everyone is having a great time with family, friends and flock:D

We had a nice picnic this morning, and since hubby is working tonight, I baked up some cupcakes for him to take to work with him for everyone who has miss out on all the festivities:) Little "cherry" and "blueberry" pies and of course, "fireworks"!

DSC_5152_zpsa154203a.jpg

DSC_5153_zpsd3952641.jpg

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Happy 4th to you too, April!!!

And that's a beautiful care package you've prepped for your husband. Very imaginative and obviously made with love.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Very nice :). Those are beautiful cupcakes, and I like how they're "little pies"!
Happy 4th! :D

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
They weren't my idea:54:. I just googled pictures of 4th of July cupcakes, and there were ones that used mm's for the "berries", which was cute, but since I didn't have any mm's I used colored frosting instead:) I like baking and cooking, but it's not exactly my creative...strong point:20: I did end up having to buy one of those icing kits (with all the fancy little tips) when I got married because I ended up having to make our wedding cake at the last minute:52:. Minus the stress of that incident, I found the actual decorating part fun and I have all the stuff to do it. Since we aren't "sweets" people, I'll take any opportunity to have fun baking cute cupcakes and cakes and stuff to decorate:)

Most Reactions