Hari Tropimix

Socalguy

Nov 1, 2016
Southern Calif
Parrots
Red Sided Eclectus Female
Has anyone tried Hari Tropimix from Hagen. If so what are you views on it and how healthy is it for Eclectus's.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I've never used that product, but upon researching it I found that it is enriched with vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Generally speaking, enriched foods tend to be too rich for eclectus parrots. The ratios are usually geared for the parrots rather than ekkies, and as such can lead to toe-tapping and wing-flipping.

In my opinion, a mostly fresh and very varied diet is best for eclectus parrots. Veggies, fruits, legumes and sprouts should make up most of their every meal, with seeds and nuts used as treats.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I use Tropimix for all my birds except for my Eclectus, for the reasons that Stephen (Anansi) mentioned. My Ekkie only gets fresh veggies and fruits (emphasis on veggies) as well as grains.
How long have you had your baby?

Most Reactions