Have you ever 'counted pennies' to buy something for your fid?

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Hi, my name is Michelle and I have an addiction :54:

It's near month end and as you all know, January is a tight month, money wise. But that didn't put me off counting out spare change from the bottom of my purce just now to buy this for my fids...*blush* I'm sure both Jack and Percy will enjoy them. Who needs margarine and deodorant anyway? ;). I justified the purchase to myself by saying I wouldn't have used change to buy anything else anyway! :D

IMG-20140121-00725_zpsd867b159.jpg

Have you ever counted pennies for your fids and if so, what did you buy?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I just cleaned out the bottom of my purse on our last trip to the pet shop, I can totally relate. Not to mention cleaning out my bank account on the last toy order online:(
So worth it though:)

Joshuwaaa

Nov 11, 2012
England
Always. My money constantly goes on my fids haha, I spent my 21st money on a huge parrot cage and play stand haha

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
Know exactly what you mean.
Lately i figured out that the reason i´m broke is because of my fids.
I change pellets to harrisons,even through i can´t really miss the money.
But hey their diet is important.
Spent 20$a week for fresh greens,guess what i eat ...noodles
I go to a store for pants and come out with children toy parts for the fids,,,,

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
No my FIDs have stuff coming out of their ear holes...

My daughter, I count pennies for...

Myself?! Whoops... No more pennies!!!

And so it goes at my house.

TessieB

Nov 3, 2013
Media
Upstate, South Carolina
Parrots
1 Blue Front Amazon, 1 Yellow Head Amazon, 4 Cockatiels, 2 Parakeets
Oh, yes. The bank is very familiar with me bringing in change to deposit in my 'animal account'. When I was a kid I used to collect empty cola bottles (the glass ones) to take to Winn Dixie for the refundable deposit simply to be able to afford the 'good' feed for my pets.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh, yes. The bank is very familiar with me bringing in change to deposit in my 'animal account'. When I was a kid I used to collect empty cola bottles (the glass ones) to take to Winn Dixie for the refundable deposit simply to be able to afford the 'good' feed for my pets.

Thank you for the blast from the past...I haven't heard of a Winn Dixie in years:) Brought back several childhood memories just seeing the name.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
Admitting to an addiction is the first step, seeking help for your addiction in the second step:) But you won't find help here, because we are enablers:).

Most Reactions