which parrot should I get?

Dude589

Banned
Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
budgie (Cheddar)
I owned a budgie for 6 months now and I want to get another bird that is under $150ish (bird itself) I know about :grey: but are there other ones. I have about 1-2 hours everyday to spend,bond,and have fun!!! I live in a house and I am 11 but I am like a wizaqrd with them. and its ok if they bite. and i dont want another budgie

OP
Dude589

Dude589

Banned
Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
budgie (Cheddar)
also I want a parrot who isnt small but meduim-smallish

TessieB

Nov 3, 2013
Media
Upstate, South Carolina
Parrots
1 Blue Front Amazon, 1 Yellow Head Amazon, 4 Cockatiels, 2 Parakeets
A cockatiel would be a good bird for you. When I was 11 I had a room full of parakeets, cockatiels, fish, hamsters, a rat. I took good care of them so I was able to keep them in my bedroom.

halogen

May 18, 2013
Media
Wilmette
Parrots
Arya-Cockatiel
Tyrion-Cockatiel
Cockatiel are great for those who've never had a bird before. They're easygoing and very friendly. As with any bird though, they NEED out of cage time and a heap of patience when you first get them. They can't be left in the cage all day any day. If you're willing and able though, th they're very very rewarding companions.

OP
Dude589

Dude589

Banned
Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
budgie (Cheddar)
oh ok are there other ones i wanted a senegal but idk how much they are

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
There are, but probably not in your price range. You're looking at at least 200 for the smaller parrots depending on what region you're in. Often they are much more than that. Have you checked out the local shops near you?

OP
Dude589

Dude589

Banned
Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
budgie (Cheddar)
oh ok but whats the largest parrot that fits my recommendations (or however you say that)

OP
Dude589

Dude589

Banned
Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
budgie (Cheddar)
i want a big one so they cant get hurt so badly because my budgie has proper training but flies around my room and hits a bookshelf and will fall (happened 3 times now!!) i dont take him out but we still have fun inside with his toys

OP
Dude589

Dude589

Banned
Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
budgie (Cheddar)
yeah im afraid that will happen with the tiel

OP
Dude589

Dude589

Banned
Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
budgie (Cheddar)
kalidasa yes there all pet stores so i am going to an adoption center

OP
Dude589

Dude589

Banned
Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
budgie (Cheddar)
well I'm going with a cockatiel (I did a lot of info already on many types of birds)

OP
Dude589

Dude589

Banned
Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
budgie (Cheddar)
thanks everybody you were a great help!!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
jersey its my first thread and i need info

So do you expect immediate replies? Give it some time, folks ARE responding to you. Since you won't be getting your "new" bird tomorrow, there is no rush. You could slow it down a bit, and RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
i want a big one so they cant get hurt so badly because my budgie has proper training but flies around my room and hits a bookshelf and will fall (happened 3 times now!!) i dont take him out but we still have fun inside with his toys

A big bird can get hurt just as bad as a smaller big. A big bird takes a lot of training and such. It's not a easy task, you sure you want to take on something like that at 11yo???

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
The larger the bird, the more the weight, the harder the fall or bump, the more the damage. Simple physics. Is your budgie tame? If you can't get a little budgie tame, a parrot is way out if your league.

SpotsandSally

Sep 30, 2013
Alaska, USA
Parrots
Kiwi : Indian Ringneck Parrot RIP, taken far too young, Mango : Lovebird, 5 years old 2014, Sprite : Pineapple green cheek, <1 2014
By preventing your bird outdoor time, he will never learn how to fly properly and avoid the bookshelf. If he's fully flighted and tame, he's probably just young and needs practice.

Imo you need to focus on your budgie a bit before getting a new bird

Most Reactions

Latest posts