He comes here tomorrow! :D

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
http://www.parrotforums.com/off-topic/37613-s-been-about-7-years-since.html

My passed forum.
82cf266458946b331cb633854f9deb58_zps4cf54366.jpg

Axel is a husky x elkhound. He is 4 years old.
He is coming down to my house this Saturday! :D Which is tomorrow.
He can finally stay with us, first we will have him on a two week trial if all goes well we can adopt him! :D

I will be taking lots of pics!

I don't know what to do to pass the time. :eek:
It's actually 1am Friday xD So I have a while and I can't sleep :eek:

Last edited:

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
What. A. Stunner.

Good luck with the trial period!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Oh congratulations! What a good looking dog! I like the mix! Elk hounds are great and with Husky! You will have lots of fun with that little guy! :D

OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
Very excited :D
We were going to buy a puppy but then I saw Axels ad and saw that he would be perfect. He is a laid back dog who is obedient :eek:

So he comes tomorrow around lunchtime :D

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
WOW, you better try and get some sleep tonight, or you'll be DEAD tired by the time he gets home. :)

Even though I completely understand your excitement!!!!

Happy happy days are coming. :D

OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
I got about 5 hours sleep? I was too busy watching the blacklist/sleepy hallow and playing dead rising 3. I'll try to get more sleep tonight :eek:

Thank you :D
I also love his coat. He is going to need daily grooming. Ive already bought the right brushes and everything. :D He goes though heavy moults.

QuakerMom

Jun 21, 2013
USA
Parrots
One Quaker- Piper
Ash, he's beautiful! Put a little oil in his food daily; something with omega 3s and 6s. Here in the U.S. I used a product called "Shed Stop" that was very good for their coats and literally cut down the nonseasonal shedding to a tenth of what it was. Northern breeds like the one you're soon adopting shed HEAVILY twice a year. The term is "blowing" though- these breeds are said to "blow their coat" in the spring and fall.

He's stunning :) I hope he's even better than you imagined!!

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Aahhhh!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! Axel is such a HANDSOME boy!!!

Is he coming home for the trial run? Or is this permanent?

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Northern breeds like the one you're soon adopting shed HEAVILY twice a year. The term is "blowing" though- these breeds are said to "blow their coat" in the spring and fall.

"Shed heavily" is an understatement at my house lol I have two huskies! With two sheds per year each dog...that's a lotta hair!! Hahaha. No more carpet in my house!! :D

OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
Ash, he's beautiful! Put a little oil in his food daily; something with omega 3s and 6s. Here in the U.S. I used a product called "Shed Stop" that was very good for their coats and literally cut down the nonseasonal shedding to a tenth of what it was. Northern breeds like the one you're soon adopting shed HEAVILY twice a year. The term is "blowing" though- these breeds are said to "blow their coat" in the spring and fall.

He's stunning :) I hope he's even better than you imagined!!

Haha, that you for the advice. Ill have to look around to see if we have similar products :D ill also look into oils :)

I know I'm in for a lot with the shedding XD

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Awww!!!! How's he doing so far? I know he probably just got there, but is he acting like its not a big deal? Or is he nervous?

Most Reactions