He did it again!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
..The Beebs! :eek: He zoomed! This time I know it was coz he WANTED to! I think his first flight was coz he was spooked when he saw Joe ( Joe CAN be spooky! lol J/K!)

Anyway..I let the boy out and came in here to the computer. I heard BB chatting away,then I hear flapflapflap..and here he comes! From the living room to this room. He was only a foot or so off the floor,but he made it a good 30 or 40 feet before landing by my feet!

He is learning! I am sooo proud of this little guy :grey: :D :D :D:grey: I am not going to force him to fly ( i.e. throw him in the air and see what he does!) gonna let him take it at his own pace.

Jim

Last edited:

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Way to go B.B.

I know I was excited when my babies first flew.
The funny thing is the youngest fly's the best. The 2 older birds spend 2x the effort just staying in the are instead of moving forward. Popeye the youngest fly's forward at speed and with a purpose.
Mango's favorite landing spot is on top of a head. Anyone's head he;s not picky.

keep letting him practice, I'm sure he's got it in him.:60:

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Way to go BB! :D

He'll be a pro in no time... sounds like he is indeed practicing :59:

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
And another zoom last night! DJ (Jonesy's old dad) was visiting. We were in the kitchen and I had to take a quick shower before work,so I asked DJ to play with Beebs.
BB was on DJ's shoulder as I walked down the hall..then I hear DJ say "HERE HE COMES!" Sure 'nuff..BB took off from DJ's shoulder,this time he was about four feet high in the air,and flew about 50 feet and even stretched his arms out to glide and land at my feet :D.

Either he didn't want me to leave him with DJ, or he wanted to show me what he could do :60: but the little boy is learning fast!

Jim

Most Reactions