He said Yes!

mysteryfoxes

Mar 6, 2012
Calabash, NC
Parrots
Basil - Turquoise Green Cheek Conure :)
I'm so excited because my boyfriend actually said, "Okay" to me getting a parrot! He has never really wanted a bird, so it's been difficult to coax him into the idea.

We're going to Sweden this summer, and I have to fix my transmission in my car, so he really didn't enjoy the idea of me spending good money on a bird.

BUT! I promised to get one NEXT year (*sadface*).

At least I'm finally going to get one! :D I can wait, if it means having everyone in the house happy. haha

--

And I've decided on the Blue-Headed Pionus. I've heard too many great things about them not to. :)

nikkiscriv

Oct 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Yoshi - Blue Front Amazon, Ozzy - Illiger's Macaw
Very exciting! I know the feeling well :)

Be careful though.. I had to "convince" my husband to get our blue front...don't you know those two are inseparable now ;)

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
At first I thought this was about some form of engagement, but this is way more exciting ;)

I recommend putting tiny bits of money away in a savings for the birdy, so it doesn't seem to hit you all at once.

I don't know much about Blue-Headed, care to enlighten me? :)

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
Congrats!! I absolutely love the temperment of my Pionus.

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Congratulations! My boyfriend wasn't crazy about the idea of me getting a bird, but now they adore each other! Puck only tries to mate with my boyfriend and me when he is in season, and nobody else, if that says something about the bond, haha.

Really though, Puck is too adorable not to love.

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Yay thats great news. :) My boyfriend wasn't keen on getting a bird either but now he's got a whole list of birds he wants lol!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
At first I thought this was about some form of engagement, but this is way more exciting ;)

Lol, Mayden! You are too young to be so cynical:D Just joshin' as I know you have a SO.

I thought the thread was going to be about a bird saying the word "yes", so I guess that means I'm too old now to think engagement!

Most Reactions

Latest posts