he/she mating behaviour?

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
There is something that Phoebus is doing the last week and I wanted to be sure first about what he/she was doing so I can explain it to you guys and also wanted to see if it goes on..
Well it goes..
So listen to this: Phoebus is getting very close to my hand making a low frequency squeeking sound as if he is hardly breathing and flapping slightly his/her wings.Finally he sticks next to my hand and pushes it and if I move it he/she bends his back down lifting his/her tail and head up.. :eek::eek: this can happen lots of times in the day,everyday the last week. Does this mean Phoebus is a she?Or he can be a male declaring me as the ''boss''? :confused: has anyone seen this behaviour?

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Oh yes that sound like girlie behaviour.....just like me :D mmRox does the same thing mostly wif the men in her life but being a baby if they are not available I get the treatment:rolleyes:
They are so trusting burrowing their wee heads and necks into our hands I always feel humbled. Are u a male or female parront of Phoebus?

OP
pheobus

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
I am a man and Phoebus is not sexed, so I try to figure out his/her gender. Yesterday my girlfriend came to my house and she saw Phoebus first time.But you should have seen Phoebus reaction when he/she saw her...Started screaming, raised head-neck feathers, fanning tail, flashing eyes..He does that with both of my parents as well, not all the time but he does it..So you think he is ''Phoebe''?

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Sounds like u may be the man in her life XoX ach rox has just splattered all down computer screen..gross.. off for cloth;)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Does sound like Pheobus may just be a Pheobie, and she is not appreciating her rival, your girlfriend, Try getting your girlfriend to give her treats, through the cage, that way maybe she won't see your girlfriend as her rival, but more of someone who gives special treats, (the treats should be something that only your girlfriend gives her)

I think Pheobus is in love with HER man. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts