Healp please

theitalian

Jul 28, 2013
So my conure doesnt eat anything else but seeds. I give him fresh fruit in the morning like berries and stuff but he wont eat it goes strait to his seeds. At night the same I give him brown rice with veggies barely eats any. What should I do?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
How long have you had him??? IF you just got him, let him be for the time being until he's fully settled in like in a month then start the process of converting him to pellets, fruits & veggies, etc. Anytime you convert, you MUST be persistent and consistent, don't change in the middle of the process. What I do is the day when I start I remove the seed bowl completely and leave a bowl of pellets in the cage all day everyday. In the morning I feed a bowl of fruits and veggies and in the evening time I feed a table spoon full of seeds(for your bird I would cut down to a third of the table spoon). Next day remove the seed bowl completely again and do the same thing all over again. No any sort of treats or excess seeds during this period!!!! That means no millet spray or anything like it. During the process, at anytime you see him eating pellets real good, don't feed seeds that evening or anymore after that. Just fruits and veggies in the morning and with his bowl of pellets there all day. You must observe to make sure he is eating his pellets. No treats still, not until he's been on the new diet for at least a month or so, but minimal. Good luck!

OP
theitalian

theitalian

Jul 28, 2013
Ok thank you I have had him for about 2 and a half weeks.

OP
theitalian

theitalian

Jul 28, 2013
I know he eats pellets but I have mixed it with a mix of stuff like seeds.dried fruit and nuts

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
If he eats pellets, then don't mix it! Just feed pellets by itself! Then give the fruit and veggie bowl. Once he's stabilized, you can supplement with other stuffs.

Most Reactions

Latest posts