Health problems?

ydeerod

Oct 22, 2012
Northern New Hampshire
Parrots
B&G Macaw - Atlas
Hello friends,
So I've been waking up with headaches, bloody noses, and a weird dry cough for the past few days, and I think I might be allergic to my B&G Atlas? Is this possible? Prior to having Atlas, I was never around any birds so I didn't know if I was allergic or even if you could be allergic to birds. These symptoms have started recently since we moved to a smaller space with him and it seems to be getting worse. I do have mild cat allergies, but I've never reacted like this to any animal. I'm a bit concerned. :/ Any advice would help, thanks.

-Yasmin

MaraWentz

Banned
Banned
Mar 27, 2012
Media
St.Leonard, MD
Parrots
Red Front Macaw, Elvis, 10,male RIP

Red Front Macaw, Erin, 1.5,female

Goffin Cockatoo, Blossom 2,female Rehomed

Blue & Gold Macaw, Oscar, Male, 21 years old, Rehomed

American Bulldog Mix,
It may be the dander, and since hyou moved to a smaller space there's not as much ventilation, so dust often, bathe your bird often, and put on a light fan :) but also go to the doctors if you can. It may not be an allergy.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Could also be the new house has mold, might not be the bird.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
You could always look into getting a non-ionic air purifier/cleaner, lightly spritzing the cage papers daily prior to cleaning, and doing everything else already mentioned.

Get an allergy test done!

Most Reactions