Healthy weight for a male 2 yr old

kanundra

Apr 25, 2013
Lancashire
Parrots
IRN blue
Hello everyone.

I've tried the search function and discovered some differences in things so I'd just really like to get a sense of weight from you all.

I've had Bobby 6mths now, Male, blue ringneck, just getting his ring in. When we first got him and took him to the vets because he bent his blood feathers the vet weighed him in at 80g. He did say that it wasn't a problem because we'd just gotten him off a really bad diet and onto lots of veg fruit etc, but I'm looking for average weights now.

I have been working really hard with him these last few weeks I've a broken elbow, and plenty of time, so we've worked on stepping up to my scales.

Today he weighed in at 138g

I'm shocked, I know he never stops eating but the difference is a lot. I've seen various weights on here now, and I'm kinda looking to see what he actually should be?

Now that I have gotten him past the scared stage of getting on the scales. I'd like to weigh him regular, to see how he's doing.

Any thoughts, experiences, when where, what to look for?

Thanks so much, and sorry if this really is repeated all the time.

Dawn

OP
K

kanundra

Apr 25, 2013
Lancashire
Parrots
IRN blue
Thanks so much, it just seemed such a difference from the 80g earlier on.

I will make sure he stays a steady weight now and will monitor him on a regular basis :)

Most Reactions