Hearing Other Birds

sjalfsmord

Nov 11, 2017
Turkey
Parrots
Two peach-faced lovebirbs <3
I have a male (don't know for sure) lovebird named Melon. Last day I heard a lovebird from the other apartments and Melon and that lovebird were talking to each other. (I heard he was screaming his lungs out haha.)

I now have a question in mind, does it make him angry or aggressive? Like when I watch a bird video or something,if there's a lovebird sound in it,Melon joins in and he looks adorable while he's tweeting,answering the lovebird. But at the same time, does it make him sad? Or,does it make him anxious or something? Because if it's bad for him,I'm gonna stop letting him hear the videos etc.

I thought about this because seeing their reflection on the mirror makes birds aggressive towards their owners and such,I don't want to lose his trust. Thanks!

DoubleTake

May 31, 2017
South Orange County, California
Parrots
2 Sun Conures.

R.I.P Lily 3/1/2018 - You were my sweet baby.
Love birds are chatter boxes and enjoy talking to each other, at least that is my experience when I see people come into the bird store to get their lovies groomed.

lomeraniel

Aug 22, 2015
I have a male (don't know for sure) lovebird named Melon. Last day I heard a lovebird from the other apartments and Melon and that lovebird were talking to each other. (I heard he was screaming his lungs out haha.)

I now have a question in mind, does it make him angry or aggressive? Like when I watch a bird video or something,if there's a lovebird sound in it,Melon joins in and he looks adorable while he's tweeting,answering the lovebird. But at the same time, does it make him sad? Or,does it make him anxious or something? Because if it's bad for him,I'm gonna stop letting him hear the videos etc.

I thought about this because seeing their reflection on the mirror makes birds aggressive towards their owners and such,I don't want to lose his trust. Thanks!
That makes them anxious because they don't see a real bird. I'd just give them a companion.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
That makes them anxious because they don't see a real bird. I'd just give them a companion

If you give a lovebird a companion, he will likely forget about you completely. I would think long and hard before I did that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lomeraniel

Aug 22, 2015
I have six lovebirds and they are on me ALL the time.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions