Hedgehog life

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
I found my little girl over 5 years ago.
She was around a year old.
She loved to run the yard..dig for bugs and cuddle with her mom.
Last sunday her little body started to show its age. She was over 6 years old.they normally last only 5 max.
Tonight i came home to find her septic. She crossed the rainbow bridge at 4:53 pm tonight..shell be missed

Attachments

• 20181217_132313.jpg
    20181217_132313.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 93

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
So sorry for your loss. She was obviously well-loved.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
So sorry she had to leave you- they are quite special little creatures.

This may sound a bit weird, but thank you for sharing.
It is always good to get to know someones pet, even if it is only briefly, f.e. in a story about their life. (And glad to hear she had a great one with you.)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
What a darling little creature - I’m very sorry for your loss.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Maria, I'm so sorry for your loss. What an adorable little creature. It's comforting to know she had a long happy life with you.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Awe, I'm so sorry for your loss...They really are special little guys. No one realizes how these guys have their own, special personalities until they meet one. 6 years-old is an extremely long life for a Hedgehog, so she was obviously well-loved and very well taken-care of. That's the only difficult thing about all of these smaller pets that are so intelligent and loving, such as Hedgehogs, Rats, Mice, Guinea Pigs, Rabbits, Ferrets, etc. They just don't live very long lives, at least not in the human-world...But it's obvious that you gave her a wonderful, full, very long life full of love...

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Mariar, I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet Girl. Sending you hugs and my deepest condolences.

Most Reactions

Latest posts