Heero and Tweety

Intisar

Apr 6, 2019
islamabad, Pakistan
Parrots
Conure.
Here r today's pics of HEERO and TWEETY, for you all and specially those who helped and guided me when I brought Heero of 21 days

Last edited:

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
They're very sweet and adorable...The only comment/advice I can give you based on the photos is in-regards to the container you have the Alex in...#1 If he still does not yet have all of his outer-feathers grown-in and still has bare-spots and down-feathers showing, then he needs to have a heat-source that is keeping the ambient/air temperature between 80-85 degrees F at all times, because they cannot regulate their body-temperatures until ALL of their outer, mature feathers have grown-in, and the most-common issue that happens very, very often is they develop a Fungal (Yeast) infection throughout their Gastrointestinal Tracts, usually starting in their Crops and that spreads throughout their GI Tracts all the way throughout their Intestines; If the ambient/air temperature they are being kept in is not between 90-95 degrees F before all of their Down-Feathers grow-in, and not between 80-85 degrees F before all of their mature, outer Feathers grow-in, it's just as deadly to them as feeding them hand-feeding formula that isn't ALWAYS between 104 degrees F and 110 degrees F at all times until they are fully-weaned and no longer eating any formula at all. The same Fungal/Yeast infection will form throughout their entire GI Tracts in both situations, so you must always keep a candy/cooking thermometer in their formula at all times while you're feeding them formula to keep it no lower than 104 degrees F and no higher than 110 degrees F, and you must always keep the ambient/air temperature they are living in between 80-85 degrees F until every bit of their outer, mature Feathers grow-in...Usually people achieve this by either buying a proper Brooder and keeping them inside of it until all their outer feathers grow-in fully, OR they put an electric heating-pad with an adjustable-temperature setting underneath the box/container they are being kept in, and then covering the top of it with a towel, and hanging a regular thermometer inside the container/on the container to make sure it's always reading between 80-85 degrees F...

The #2 issue is the bedding you have in the bottom of the container he's in...I'm not sure what it is, but it looks like some type of bark or mulch, or some type of wood-shavings, and this is not good at all. Baby birds eat EVERYTHING, or rather they put everything inside of their beaks, and this is why it's very common for young, baby birds to suddenly develop an impacted or obstructed Crop or Intestinal Tract. He cannot digest any type of wood or bark chips, they will simply go through him whole, if you're lucky enough for them to make it all the way through him. Usually that's not the case, and the wood-chips/mulch, or God-forbid that's something like Crushed Walnut-Shell bedding (it just occured to me that it actually looks like Crushed Walnut-Shell bedding as well), or any type of "Corn-Cob" bedding, because not only does all of this stuff cause GI obstructions and blockages and often requires surgery to remove it and save the baby bird's life, but the Crushed Walnut-Shell and the Corn-Cob bedding regularly also causes severe internal-bleeding and then internal-infection in the wounds, because both the Corn-Cob bedding and especially the Crushed Walnut-Shell bedding have extremely razor-sharp edges that cause cuts all the way from inside of their Crops, down their Esophagus, inside of their Stomach-lining, and then all the way throughout their Intestines. And this is extremely common in both baby birds and in all reptiles that are kept on that stuff...It should be taken off the market, as it's just not safe for any animal to live on.

I would highly suggest that if your Alex is still living in a container and hasn't yet moved into his Weaning-Cage/Starter-Cage, that you dump out whatever that bedding is and replace it with a shredded-paper type of bedding, such as Carefresh or something similar. There are lots of different brands of shredded-paper pet bedding, and any of them are great to keep in the bottom of the Brooders/containers that baby birds are being kept in. It's safe, it's much more sanitary, it keeps them from developing Splayed-Legs, and most-importantly IF THEY EAT THE SHREDDED-PAPER BEDDING THEY WILL DIGEST IT!

OP
I

Intisar

Apr 6, 2019
islamabad, Pakistan
Parrots
Conure.
Dear EllenD
I am really thankful for your kind advices
yes this is wood shaving and I am very much confused because everybody is using wood shavings for such kind of parrot babies and even I have searched throughout the market where but sellers are sitting everybody is using such a wood shavings for all kind of baby

and I am trying very much to keep the a maintained temperature in the room for this baby and I think I'm successful in that temperature is not that much issue and can you can you send me some picture of the cage with you mentioned like baby starter ke jor like this for this kind of baby parrots because I search in the market and there are all casual and similar cages which I don't feel comfortable for the baby parrot
and tell me one more thing that this has become 35 days old dog and I am giving him his field through
Syringe .for how long I have to feed him like this and when I can start giving something else like tomato are like some fruit or some dry fruit or something like that
I keep him out of the box on the floor on some cloth seat for sometimes in the morning and for few times in the evening what should I do else to make him happy are making familiar with us and should we start trying to learn am something talking

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I'm so glad you're here, and so glad you're sticking with us!
It's wonderful to see a dedicated new person working so hard...
Ellen, thanks for shepherding this new family.
:)

Lamb

Apr 14, 2019
Parrots
American Budgies: Puppy, Birdie, Rainbow, Blu, Avalanche.
Lovebird: Mango, Orchid, Wolfie, Opal
English Budgies: Jasper, Anna, Ginji, Aoi, Ōdanna, Rocky.
GCC: Gracie
Cockatiel: Sol
IRN: Blue, Tik
Wood shavings are a bit risky. Paper towels are much safer and you can clean it out at every feeding, keeping baby safe. And I also agree, heat is crucial. Keep heat on one side so if the baby gets too warm, he can move.

OP
I

Intisar

Apr 6, 2019
islamabad, Pakistan
Parrots
Conure.
Thanks Galleria Gila
Let me be honest, I have never been interested in birds and specially in parrots,
I am fond of cats, I had a special cat in my student life,

I brought this parrot just for my kids wiz 8 years old I have told you already about him,
for him I can do anything so now everybody in our home is taking good care of the parrot because of my son.

And to Lamb, yes am gonna replace the wood shavings with paper waste, mostly available in printing press.

Now my main and biggest concern is how to train this parrot for potty.

https://theparrotuniversity.com/potty-training-your-bird-72-hours

The above article is affecting me but I have not started the training yet.

because of asli I cannot afford if it moves around the house and make potty everywhere

Most Reactions