Hello All! (Picture Heavy)

Cyrinaluna

Feb 27, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Parrots
1 cinnimon GCC - Lizzy
I've been posting pretty frequently in the conure forum, but I never got around to introducing myself!

Name's Ashley :) Graduate of WVU with a degree in Animal and Nutritional Sciences. My grandma gave me my love of animals growing up and I couldn't imagine going into any other field!

Growing up I only ever had dogs and cats. But as of now I have 2 cats -Rohan and Luna, a cinnamon green cheek - Lizzy, anole - Treeko, a corn snake - Jones and an axolotl - Discord. (If you can't tell by the names, I'm a bit of a nerd =P) Never thought I'd end up being owned by so many different critters :D wouldn't change a bit of it!

Here's a few pics of my little zoo.
(One of my favorite things is designing naturalistic reptile enclosures)

View attachment 10540
Little baby Discord :) he's about 3" long right now and will grow to about a foot! I had two axolotls before him that ended up breeding. But my old roommate ending up killing the adults while I was away on vacation D: Discord is the only baby I kept.

View attachment 10541
Treeko! She's on the branch, left side if you can't see her :)

View attachment 10542
Jones! My little hatchling cornsnake. The youngest in my zoo :) below is a picture of his current set up, and then below that (just finished it! can't resist showing it off!) is the 40g I'm moving him into when he gets older!
View attachment 10543
View attachment 10544

View attachment 10545
My little fuzz butts :3 Luna is the grey, Rohan is the orange tabby.

Last edited:
OP
Cyrinaluna

Cyrinaluna

Feb 27, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Parrots
1 cinnimon GCC - Lizzy
And for some reason I can't post a picture of Lizzy! *pouts* maybe I should try this on my computer and not my phone...

OP
Cyrinaluna

Cyrinaluna

Feb 27, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Parrots
1 cinnimon GCC - Lizzy
1743677_10152035681936848_1785633273_n.jpg

There we go! Right after a bath too :D cheeky little girl. I love her :) can't wait to spend many more wonderful years with her.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hi Ashley and a formal welcome! Loved all your pictures and Lizzy is adorable:)
I am originally from WVA:)
So glad you joined us:)

OP
Cyrinaluna

Cyrinaluna

Feb 27, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Parrots
1 cinnimon GCC - Lizzy
Thanks! Everyone here has been nothing but wonderful :) so I'm glad to be here :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome Ashley, love those enclosures. You have a beautiful zoo and your cheeky girl is areal cutie.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome Ashley!!! Very nice pictures, thanks for posting!!!! :)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Welcome to the forum! LOVE your terrariums! We also have a small "zoo" with the reptiles/amphibians (and our feathery self-appointed "king of the jungle" of course). Though I must say, I'm a little embarrassed after seeing the homes you have for your scaly friends :) How old is Lizzy?

OP
Cyrinaluna

Cyrinaluna

Feb 27, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Parrots
1 cinnimon GCC - Lizzy
Thanks everyone :)

We were told Lizzy was less than a year but older than 6 months. They weren't 100% sure. So I'm just saying she's 9 months old for simplicity's sake haha.

Don't be at all embarrassed :) so long as the occupants are happy then the terrariums are perfect! I interned at a zoo in college and helped design smaller enclosures so I just personally prefer the natural designs :) plus DIY projects are fun!

jbail1026

Aug 6, 2012
Media
Lexington, KY
Parrots
Family bird: Yellow-Naped Amazon (George '88)
My girl: Turquoise Peachfaced lovebird (Ollie Belle, hatched 9/1/13)
Wonderful enclosures!

Most Reactions