Newbie alert! :)

Flashback

Mar 4, 2014
Holiday, FL
Parrots
Double Yellow Headed Amazon
Hello!! :)

I'm new here.. New to forums in general really.. but the recent addition to my family has thrust me back into the bird world, which I now realize I'd missed so dearly..

My name is Meghan.. I am mommy to a 3 year old boy named Jameson, & a 2 year old girl named Molly (human babies!). The newest addition to our family is 27 year old girl & her name is Flashback (that's a story for another day) hehe :)

Btw.. we call her "Flash".

She was my husband's father's DYH Amazon. He passed away very unexpectedly a few weeks ago & when it was time to think about his pet, his best friend & roommate... Flash... I immediately adopted her to live with us, without hesitation. See not only was she an inheritance, in my eyes she needed to be rescued. His father smoked like a chimney in his very small apartment & Flash, along with her cage, toys, food dishes, etc.. we're caked in tobacco residue/tar.. we cleaned everything up, especially sweet Flash.. & life has been amazing ever since.. I have so much more to tell about her.. I look forward to sharing stories, & reading more of yours. :)

Until next time,
Meghan & Flash :greenyellow:

Attachments

• 20140303_214832-1.jpg
    20140303_214832-1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 91

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
Hi Meghan an Flash, welcome.
Flash is sure a beauty, so happy to hear that she ended up with nice digs. Lots of helpful people here for any questions and look forward to hearing more of the story.

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Flash is beautiful! I can't wait to see what her feathers look like after spending some time with you!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!! ;)
Sorry to hear the passing of your father in law.....

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Welcome Meghan :)
I'm sorry to hear about your father in law. It did sound like Flash needed to be rescued badly. Wow, Amazons are pretty hardy, but still :11:. Looking forward to more beautiful pics and interesting stories.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Sorry to hear your FIL passed, but I'm glad Flash got to stay in the family :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello Meghan and Flash and welcome! She is a gorgeous girl:)
I am so sorry for the loss of your father in law.

OP
Flashback

Flashback

Mar 4, 2014
Holiday, FL
Parrots
Double Yellow Headed Amazon
Thank you all for the welcomes (& condolences!).. Flash is the most interesting bird I've ever owned. She's a purring, foul mouthed Zon that I literally cannot get enough of right now! :)

Most Reactions