Hello and I have a few questions

Mriley1342

Apr 7, 2013
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Hi, I just joined the forum with my green cheek conure named Aleta. She's four years old and is playful and fiesty. I'm contemplating getting another conure to keep her company while my boyfriend and I are at work.

I've heard mixed reviews about getting two conures. There is a Jenday who is 3 months old I'm considering bringing home. Is this a good idea? I have two cages (the one Aleta is in is very large -4'x2'x4') and a more normal medium-size bird cage. I understand it would not be a good idea (if ever) to put the birds in the same cage, but I would love to here the forum's suggestions. The Jenday is available to purchase this Wednesday.

I look forward to learning and sharing tricks and antics with you all.

Thanks,
Mriley

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome to our forum

Please post your questions in the Conures section, sure you will get many many valuable replies there.

Enjoy the forum

000203FC.gif

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
There is no problem having two or more birds...conures or other species, but like you said. sometimes putting two birds together is not a good idea.....birds of different species normally should not be caged together, however, they might overrule you & take up sleeping & hanging out together on their own though .....

Unless you are trying to set up a breeding pair & maybe even then, you should always allow birds to get to know each other, so you can determine if the get along, before leaving them together.....

You do realize that if you get another bird, no matter the gender & they do end up becoming an item, one or both could become less interactive with you & may even ignore you in favor of their relationship.....

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Welcome to the forum. Awww, Jendays are gorgeous! I don't have any experience with them to help you with. I do have a 6 yr old GCC & I have several other parrots as well. All of mine have their own cages & yes sometimes two parrots will prefer one another's company to yours. But if you keep them in separate cages & on separate play perches it minimizes the desire. Provided they get the love & cuddles from their favorite human.

Good luck if you get your new feathered baby & please share pics of both darlings!

Most Reactions

Latest posts