Hello fellow parrot lovers

ForTheLoveOfBirds

Jul 18, 2017
Georgia
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon
I am 19 and live near Atlanta, Georgia. I just recieved my first bird, a yellow napped Amazon, a few weeks ago. I have taken care of many types of exotic pets throughout my life but nothing as intelligent as this bird. I am excited to enter a new world of animal husbandry.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I am 19 and live near Atlanta, Georgia. I just recieved my first bird, a yellow napped Amazon, a few weeks ago. I have taken care of many types of exotic pets throughout my life but nothing as intelligent as this bird. I am excited to enter a new world of animal husbandry.

Welcome to the World of being 'Owned' by an Amazon, which in beyond what you have experienced to this point in your life! Amazons and Parrots are a group are very different than exotic pets. There is a very different level of intelligents.

There are huge volumes of information as part of Parrot Forums. Please take full advantage of the wealth of knowledge available!

Again Welcome to Parrot Forums!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Welcome to the World of being 'Owned' by an Amazon, which in beyond what you have experienced to this point in your life!
This sentence is so true...It should be followed by "QED give me attention and all your food now"

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome, thanks for joining! A huge number of Amazon companions here, so enjoy the wealth of expertise and information!

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Congratulations on your new baby! You're in for a wild ride. Enjoy! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts