Hello from a new member in CT

Surfincr

Nov 13, 2013
CT
Parrots
Ziggy (African Grey) and Elvis B&G
Hello everyone i found this forum while doing research on my first pair of birds and figured i would introduce myself.

As a back story ever since i was little i always wanted a parrot, my aunt always had great stories as she had quite a few, but i was never allowed to due to their longevity. looking back i understand why they wouldnt let me as they would have been stuck with the parrot when i went to college. After losing my pet rabbit i decided it would be a good time to get a new pet and why not one that i've always wanted. i spoke with my aunt about adopting a parrot that would be good for someone with no experience and got a call 2 weeks later about a pair of green cheeks that the owner could no longer keep. 2 weeks ago i picked them up and bought them a new cage (48" wide x 24" deep x 60" tall) so they could have room to move and fly. unfortunately they are not hand tame and are interested in people and attention but are wary of you getting near them. so they have a long way to go as a pet. They do seem to have adapted very well though to my two german shepherds watching them as much as possible. as well as my youngest shep trying to get them to play ball.

while picking up the birds i visited with her rose breasted cockatoo and african grey and now i'm on the lookout for an african grey as well.

Sorry for the rambling

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
Simba (Blue & Gold Macaw); Cosmo (Blue Quaker); Blue (Blue IRN); Mattie (Green Quaker)
Welcome to the forums! Ramble on! I don't think there's a limit. :D

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Congratulations on your new babies. Are you going to try and tame your GCC's?

I'm so jealous you've got GSD's. they're my favourite! :21:

OP
S

Surfincr

Nov 13, 2013
CT
Parrots
Ziggy (African Grey) and Elvis B&G
Congratulations on your new babies. Are you going to try and tame your GCC's?

I'm so jealous you've got GSD's. they're my favourite! :21:

i plan to, i've read a few different ways to tame them but i'm planning on taking the easiest(on the birds) approach and spending time with them and bribing them with treats, if i can ever find one they enjoy. they've gotten a lot more comfortable with me since i've had them.

i grew up with a GSD so they're my favorite as well. As soon as i could i fostered than adopted 2 rescues

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Hi, Welcome and congrats on your new conures. Green cheeks are just beautiful and i was considering one when i got my blue crown.

I also always wanted a grey and a bf amazon....they were my dream birds since i was young, but i must say, my Gilbert has become my perfect little buddy!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts