Hello from Arizona

ButterflyMommy

Mar 14, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Hello, my name is Brittany AKA ButterflyMommy AKA the Pink Lovin' Happy Goth Girl. I am a stay at home/work at home mom of three kids ages almost 5, 4 and 16 months. We do not have birds at this time but I am hoping to add a congo grey to our home soon. I have been doing a TON of research and am getting everything set up. This will be our first large bird, my only real experience has been with parakeets and cockatiels. I have fostered numerous canine breeds, and I have spent a great deal of time working with a pug rescue. I am a pug girl, love the lil smooshie faces, but right now I am looking into a doberman for our family. Keep your fingers crossed that our new puppy joins our family within the next 4 or 5 months! We also have a vast array of pets in our home, three cats (two siamese and one black tabby), two sugar gliders, a ferret and a sulcata tortoise. Yes I am busy, but I love it. I volunteer with our local humane society as well as with a few animal rescue groups in Tucson where I mainly foster motherless puppies or dogs who need special behavior modification. I also run a small sugar glider rescue. Well that is about it. Oh yeah, did I mention I am the pink lovin happy goth girl?

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome pink loving happy goth girl, have a seat and enjoy the ride.
Wonderful forum, so much fantastic info, friendly members always happy to assist.
Your hands are sure full, how do you cope?
AG are great birds, extremely intelligent, keep you entertained 24/7.
They require lots of attention, like having another kid around.
Let us know when you get your new feathered friend

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
We are happy to have your join. Yes, greys are super birds. They are not really very large. I have the timneh and she weighs in at 288 gm. but they are a little smaller. Wow you have a full life with all the children and critters. We wish you well.

Riley's mom

Banned
Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Holiday, Florida
Parrots
Military's, African Greys, Blue and Gold, Goffin, conures, quaker, lovebird, senegal parrot
Welcome!! Your house sounds like mine. I have several pet birds but I also have an avian rescue. I have dogs and cats. I just recently fostered 3 two week old puppies that were in a group of 39 that came from a flooded out shelter in Georgia. I also am a wildlife rescuer/rehabber and work full time as an avian, exotic and wildlife vet technician. Gets busy doesn't it? Have fun here.:green1:

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
You certainly are going to love it here, it's a great community!

I hope you enjoy your stay!

Most Reactions