Hello from Holland!

Dutchie1984

Dec 8, 2015
Hi everyone,

I've been hanging and reading around on this forum for a short while now, and reckoned it would be nice to introduce myself :)

My name is Marieke, I am a mom of a 7 year old daughter (Sienna) and a 3 months old lovebird (Japie). I haven't parronted any fids before I got Japie, but he got me head over heels in love with parrots. I love their intelligence, inquisitiveness and the way they all seem to have their own character.

I would love to add a bigger parrot to my flock, but first want to give my attention to Japie and learn more about the bigger species before I take one home. I would really like a caique, GCC, or Senegal (I think we call them bourkes/boerkes here, am I right?)

Oh, and thank you all for the information this forum has already provided to me!
I love the way you guys care for your fids and also, for each other.

Hugs and chirps from Holland!

Marieke

angie_robyn

Nov 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Parrots
Lilo: pineapple gcc
Hello and welcome. I'm new here too but had birds practically my whole life. This is a great forum, isn't it? Would you share a photo of your Japie?

I think you have the right idea, Japie is still so young so spend some time with him/her, bonding and training while you continue to do more research. You don't want to rush into things with adding another bird. When you first mentioned 'larger' breeds I thought you meant very large like a macaw or cockatoo but as I read on with the species you mentioned, they are still what I would call small size, but I guess they are a larger compared to Japie! Of those parrots I have only owned a GCC, who I currently own and she is great with my kids (had a lovebird too as a kid). I have some pictures of my GCC in my album. But from what I know they are all quite different species in many ways.

Also, Senegals and Bourke's are two totally different species from totally different parts of the world, so you might want to do some more research there 😉 Bourke's are from here in Australia and sennies are from Africa. Both beautiful birds but very different.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hi Marieke, welcome to the forums, and thank you for your great introduction. :)

Where in Holland are you? I was born and raised in Germany, 20 minutes from the Holland border (near Heinsberg).

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome to the forums! I enjoyed reading your introduction.

OP
Dutchie1984

Dutchie1984

Dec 8, 2015
Thank you for the replies :)
@jerseywendy I am from the south of Holland called Tilburg, maybe you heard of it.
@angie_robin Quite the difference between a senegal and bourke indeed now i looked it up properly, lol. See still a lot to learn for me.

OP
Dutchie1984

Dutchie1984

Dec 8, 2015
e554f8a0d69353e89d2086f0c30f3041.jpg

08e3cf58758ed893c5296284395cf3f7.jpg

He seems to strike a pose as soon as I show up with a camera, hahaha.

482c340fb860b71029d39c74b5c6ea50.jpg

After a good bath. Love it [emoji23]

Here are a few pictures, I hope I uploaded them right :)

OP
Dutchie1984

Dutchie1984

Dec 8, 2015
676cdc534bab07590adcfd7ccf8da143.jpg

One more because why not [emoji1]
This colors are a bit edited in this one for contrast etc.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
GORGEOUS baby!!! Thank you so much for the lovely photos! Your love and dedication shows through quite clearly. :D

Isn't Tilburg north of Eindhoven??

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
Your lovebird is absolutely stunning! Welcome aboard!

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
Welcome! Your LB is a beautiful baby and his adult colors will be gorgeous. Glad you joined the forum!

Most Reactions

Latest posts