Hello from Minnesota! Interested in a Hyacinth

OP
D

daphilster08

Aug 27, 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
i read somewhere that there was one hyacinth in australia and he sold for $40 000 :/
oh ok, i have a blue and gold (picking him up this weekend :D ) but he cost $5000!
Wow wow everything in Australia is more expensive! Congrats on the blue and gold! Well lemme tell you if I ever breed these many years into the future of course, I will send ya one for a good price :p

I know nothing about this bird so I of course had to google it to learn more about the Hyacinth. I found this:

Check out this video on YouTube:

All I can say is I would not want to get bitten by one of these birds!!!:eek:

Haha yea I already said that. They are the strongest and biggest Macaw. Also the friendliest and most human attention seeking Macaws there is.

This is also why I want one from a young no more than a year. I don't trust anyone elses training and I want him to be my bird and only mine. Buying a Macaw from some one else can often be sketchy. I have helped trained raptors like Red Tail Hawks and Goshawks so I would have the strict routine similar to that.

Big Blues

May 22, 2011
Welcome to the board.

Do you have any experiences living with a large parrot, I see you have training experience, or would a Hy be your first bird?

Last edited:
OP
D

daphilster08

Aug 27, 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
haha i knoww! maybe i should move to america :p ohh thank you, i will remember that ;) i expect atleast a 80% discount :p haha

Haha oh I will do my best if I ever get some to breed! :p

Welcome to the board.

Do you have any experiences living with a large parrot, I see you have training experience, or would a Hy be your first bird?

Not much. Mainly just parakeets and a cockatoo. Do I doubt my self at all? No lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts