Hyacinth Macaw Availability

MacawLover_WA

Jun 19, 2023
So happy to see so many macaw lovers in this forum.
I'm new here, and I'm very interested in adopting or buying a Hyacinth Macaw. My location is Seattle. I can travel to the states in the west coast to get the job done. If anyone has any information please kindly let me know. Thanks ahead.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
So happy to see so many macaw lovers in this forum.
I'm new here, and I'm very interested in adopting or buying a Hyacinth Macaw. My location is Seattle. I can travel to the states in the west coast to get the job done. If anyone has any information please kindly let me know. Thanks ahead.

They’re really expensive, but I think Denise’s Parrot Place can find a breeder if you’re interested. When I say really expensive, I mean $25,000. They have a resident female hy named Zoe, you can visit her and bribe her with banana chips if you’d like.

OP
M

MacawLover_WA

Jun 19, 2023
They’re really expensive, but I think Denise’s Parrot Place can find a breeder if you’re interested. When I say really expensive, I mean $25,000. They have a resident female hy named Zoe, you can visit her and bribe her with banana chips if you’d like.
Thanks for the reply! I've interacted with Zoe, and Zoe is the reason I am looking for a hyacinth :) But the price is a bit too high. I'm therefore trying my luck here.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
A hyacinth has been one of my bucket list birds since I was a kid. Still is. They're gorgeous, clowny, and enormous, but I've long since accepted that they're above my skill set. (And my bird budget!)

You'll find websites all over the internet that might advertise them for anything from $800.00 to several thousand, but all obviously "too good to be true" and they're all exactly that. Scams. So seeing prices like that so often might lead people to believe that they could actually obtain one for that price, setting them up with unrealistic expectations. With the possible very rare exception of a rescue/rehome situation, that's pretty much it. You won't find any legitimate breeders that will sell a Hy at those bargain prices. They're rare, and they're expensive.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Thanks for the reply! I've interacted with Zoe, and Zoe is the reason I am looking for a hyacinth :) But the price is a bit too high. I'm therefore trying my luck here.

Yeah. Part of the reason they’re very expensive is that macaws take a lot of time to care for, the breeder itself is going to ask a massive premium, and if anything happens to the baby the parrot store is suddenly liable for a huge loss. Good luck. They’re the only game in town I know of who could maybe find one - you may as well ask Inca’s Secret & Wings of the World too. Lisa at Inca’s might know someone but it’s not going to be less than $15k, I’d guess. They’re extremely rare.

Most Reactions

Latest posts