Hello I am a new Daddy of 2 Conures... a couple questions

dmjbrown

Sep 29, 2014
Texas and Connecticut
Parrots
2 Sun Conures
Hello all,

I LOVE MY Sun Conures...figured I would get that out of the way. I want to make sure they get a balanced diet and also want to train them for their safety and my enjoyment so that they can be left out without worries of falling behind furniture and such.

The oldest is a little over a year old and had bonded with me pretty well, until I added a second (I believe a male) and now where he goes, she follows. They enjoy eating with me, some stroking and petting (though not as much as I would like), and when they are in the mood step up without an issue.

I should also mention that I travel back and forth to CT and TX meaning I see them steady for 2 weeks and then miss them for 2 weeks...most times.

Any immediate suggestions on how to make my relationship with the 2 of these beautiful animals a little better...any advice on training, etc.

Thanks to all of you! :orange:

David

ErichT

Jan 5, 2014
Media
Spring Hill,Florida
Parrots
Mango - Sun Conure
Kiwi- Green Cheek Conure
Who cares for them while you are away? My first Sun got less affectionate when we got our gcc. I think she figured out she was a bird not a human at that point. She came back around after a lot of work and shared love. Target/clicker training worked great for me and my monsters. Make sure whom ever is caring for them while you are away gets involved as well. If they are ignored half a month at a time it won't be good for any of you.

RachP

Sep 1, 2014
Parrots
Freckles - Cinnamon Pearl Cockatiel
Jester - Sun Conure
My Sun who has been with me for approximately 3 weeks now has responded to training simply with treats and being praised. already knows how to step up, put his wings up, wave and turn around :) having said that i do training every single day and its usually two times a day, so missing out on half the month im not sure how they would respond to this as they are extremely social and only based on my experience, they need social activities every day :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts