Hello, Parrot Forums!

SydneyJoLynn

Aug 31, 2014
Orlando, Florida
Parrots
Double Yellow Headed Amazon, Lorenzo
Hi Parrot Forums members! :)
My name is Sydney, and I have been in love with anything with feathers since I was little.

To date, I've been the primary care taker of three budgies (two from 1997-2004, and another from 2002-2008) and one green cheek over the last sixteen years. At this very moment, I'm still in a state of complete heartache over the loss of my green cheek. :(

Despite the tragic loss I had, I decided to take the opportunity of being an empty nester to go and find a needy bird through the Florida Parrot Rescue, a double yellow headed amazon. I've extremely excited to meet him, and I have come to the forum seeking out more knowledge about my potential new feathered friend.

Can't wait to talk with other members here!
Until we do,

Sydney

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello Sydney and welcome!
I am so sorry for the loss of your Green Cheek:( It is so hard to lose a beloved friend.
I think it is wonderful that you are taking in a bird in need and look forward to hearing more about him/her. I feel sure that even if you and the DYH don't click for some reason, that you will find one who does in no time.
So glad you joined us!

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Welcome Sydney! I'm sorry about your GCC. I hope things work out with the DYH. Be sure to post pics.

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time on this forum! Its a great forum! :D
I am so sorry about your loss. :(
I LOVE that parrot rescue! I see them on Facebook and I have always wanted to adopt from there but I live in Washington....

OP
SydneyJoLynn

SydneyJoLynn

Aug 31, 2014
Orlando, Florida
Parrots
Florida Parrot Rescue has been an absolute DREAM to work with. :) They were very prompt and responded to my adopting/fostering application very quickly. So far, I think I submitted the application on Wednesday night, was in contact for a home visit on Thursday. Had the home inspection Friday, and now I'm meeting Lorenzo (the DYH) tomorrow! :)

Here's the adoption profile of the cutie.
Lorenzo

I will be sure to let you all know how tomorrow goes. :) And you are right, Terry. I'll be sure to find a great friend who needs a home should tomorrow not go as well as anticipated.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Lorenzo is stunning! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works out between the two of you:)
Please update tomorrow on how everything goes and take pics if you can!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Hi Sydney, best wishes with Lorenzo!

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your GCC.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello Sidney, and welcome! Lorenzo is a very handsome guy and sounds like quite a character. I'm guessing you'll make a friend for life on your first visit. I'm glad you are giving a bird that needs a loving home a chance.

So sorry for the loss of your GCC.

BirdSquawk

Aug 21, 2012
Parrots
Jack- 5 year old pacific parrotlet
Lorenzo is gorgeous! I bet he'll be happy to go to such a loving home, welcome to the forum!

OP
SydneyJoLynn

SydneyJoLynn

Aug 31, 2014
Orlando, Florida
Parrots
I am now in possession of Lorenzo, and he is a GREAT bird.
Right now he is getting used to his new home. :)

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
Welcome and congrats on your new friend! Amazons are wonderful! He is a very beautiful bird!

Most Reactions

Latest posts