Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
R

Rhomboid

Feb 25, 2020
Parrots
Alexandrine
Never mind if you consider it hate. You did a misguided thing and people will be upset because in all likelihood it resulted in a bird dying .:

If I intentionally released my bird with/without any information that would be considered "misguided".
If there are not much information about this topic how everyone reaches final conclusion without having valid premises. It's like solving equations without knowing every variable affecting it.

OP
R

Rhomboid

Feb 25, 2020
Parrots
Alexandrine
But one person here unintentionally let her pet rat loose and that rat killed her bird. I think being caught by a wild hawk is a more dignified death for a bird than being killed by rat. Be proud that your bird has either survived and is living free with a flock of his/her own or died a glorious death, sad and avoidable but glorious nevertheless- if it was a hawk that got him.

Well the allegory doesn't fit here. I am positive and will remain positive throughout my whole life. I consider this event as a mistake because he is not with me not because he will become a soft target of a raptor.

OP
R

Rhomboid

Feb 25, 2020
Parrots
Alexandrine
This is a world of freedom of speech and everyone has a right to comment. Releasing caged birds that have not been rehabilitated is something many people will try to pounce on you upon. Because Science has had much to say about proper rehabilitation and "soft release" . Please read about it.

:yellow1::yellow1::yellow1:
Yeah but when commenting without knowing why this person came to this forum and how is the mental state of a person after loosing his loved bird can be considered as little harsh.
I will surely read about researches about soft release

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
This is a world of freedom of speech and everyone has a right to comment. Releasing caged birds that have not been rehabilitated is something many people will try to pounce on you upon. Because Science has had much to say about proper rehabilitation and "soft release" . Please read about it.

:yellow1::yellow1::yellow1:
Yeah but when commenting without knowing why this person came to this forum and how is the mental state of a person after loosing his loved bird can be considered as little harsh.
I will surely read about researches about soft release

Yes, this is true.
However, it's your flippant action that created this mess. You wouldn't be grieving the loss of your bird, if You hadn't released it in the first place. This is entirely on you. Many members on this forum suffer from depression and other serious illnesses. They don't release their beloved birds when life gets difficult. You did that! Then you come here and expect sympathy. . .
Sorry, it's not going to happen!
I pray for your sweet bird, but I doubt he/she will survive in the wild after being captive and dependent on you for 6 years.

I agree with the others, find your Alex a new home.

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.
Never mind if you consider it hate. You did a misguided thing and people will be upset because in all likelihood it resulted in a bird dying .:

If I intentionally released my bird with/without any information that would be considered "misguided".
If there are not much information about this topic how everyone reaches final conclusion without having valid premises. It's like solving equations without knowing every variable affecting it.

There are a lot of people who have done soft release of various bird species including parakeets in India. Google "Soft release", BNHS etc. When a bird is in captivity for long the wing becomes partly or wholly dysfunctional and wing is not the only thing- the bird needs a mindset to survive.
For example Budgerigars in the wild eat from at least 21 different species of grasses and plants whereas in captivity they are probably fed seeds from only 3 or 4 species. So birds need a transition period to adapt.

In any case the rose ringed parakeet is a very common bird , species wise . The total observation of this species in the website ebird is more than that for all the 11 other species of parrots in India.

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.
But one person here unintentionally let her pet rat loose and that rat killed her bird. I think being caught by a wild hawk is a more dignified death for a bird than being killed by rat. B
Well the allegory doesn't fit here. I am positive and will remain positive throughout my whole life. I consider this event as a mistake because he is not with me not because he will become a soft target of a raptor.

So be positive and do something for the Parrots. Have you seen Alexandrine parakeets in the wild? They have become increasingly rare in many parts of the country, largely because of the capture for the pet trade!.

OP
R

Rhomboid

Feb 25, 2020
Parrots
Alexandrine
Yes, this is true.
However, it's your flippant action that created this mess. You wouldn't be grieving the loss of your bird, if You hadn't released it in the first place. This is entirely on you. Many members on this forum suffer from depression and other serious illnesses. They don't release their beloved birds when life gets difficult. You did that! Then you come here and expect sympathy. . .
Sorry, it's not going to happen!
I pray for your sweet bird, but I doubt he/she will survive in the wild after being captive and dependent on you for 6 years.

I agree with the others, find your Alex a new home.
Yeah I know that was just an action of haste.Depression exist in many forms and you can't keep everyone in the same category. I expresses my guilt here but not to expect sympathy from this forum. I was expecting information if any exist with peoples who released their caged bird in the wild. Sure if you keep your guard down you get a punch and this is what I got here. I expresses freely and in return I got hate and confrontation with member's non-existent theory without stating hypothesis.

I don't need any suggestions regarding Alex, he is happy with me.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
The more I think the more I get into mental exhaustion.

I consider this event as a mistake because he is not with me not because he will become a soft target of a raptor.

I don't need any suggestions regarding Alex, he is happy with me.

One need not research placing a hand on hot stove to know it is harmful. Releasing a captive bird is irresponsible by the standards of the forum you approached seeking guidance. I am cognizant this is not a universal norm and encourage you to broaden your investigations.

Regrettable the absence of your ringneck takes precedence over the fact he may become a target of raptor.

If you don't need suggestions regarding your remaining Alex, there is nothing we have to offer. This thread is closed, thanks to all who participated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts