Parrots
CAG - Tico - 2 (hand reared by us.)
CAG - Rosie - 10 (rescued Nov 19)
GCC - Kizzy - 9 (rescued Nov 19)
GCC - Kandy - 5 (rescued Nov 19)
Parakeet - JJ - 2 (rescued Dec 19)
Hi all :)

I'm a new member to the site. :)

I've been a parront for a little over 2 years now. We got our CAG in Dec 17, my Christmas present from my hubby and daughter.

I have wanted a parrot for as long as i can remember, and these two lovely people made it happen!!! Tico was bought as a chick, we got him and hand reared for a month or so. He is such a happy wee chappy with an ever growing vocab, he surprises us constantly with new wee phrases. :) This is the birdie who travels the UK with us on his harness, and has travelled from Glasgow to Colchester numerous times, he loves the wind in his wings.

Then fast forward to November 2019, we saw a post with a woman who was rehoming her birds, we chatted and agreed we would take her CAG. Rosie is the sweetest birdie, who sadly plucks her feathers, although we have noticed some regrowth after taking her on, so we are hoping that we may overcome this to an extent. She really is a man's bird, so prefers my hubby, which works out well as Tico is definitely my bird, although tolerates my hubby and daughter. :)

When we were collecting Rosie our CAG from her previous owner, my daughter fell in love with her two GCCs. So needless to say, we ended up with these two babies as well. In for a penny and all that!! Now these little birdies are just the most amazing little birds. Their nature is just amazing, so content and nothing bothers them. Hardiest little birds ever.

Then 3 weeks later, word had got out in our local community that we had rescued these three birds, and we were asked to rescue a parakeet. This poor bird, we arrived at the owners house, to find this bird in a cage that was filthy, food bowls that were horrific, water bowls with days old veg in them..... and an extremely frightened little bird. We have taken him on, knowing that we have some considerable work to do with him..... after a month or so, we could get him to take a bit of walnut from our hands, which we saw as a great success as he was terrified of human hands when we got him. Then last night for the first time, the little mite, stepped up onto my hand a number of times. This is just the best possible outcome and will make his out of cage time so much easier, will save the 'catch the pigeon' games we play when he's to go back into his cage.

All in all, I'm living my dream (most of the time-not when tidying up after 5 birds lol) with my flock of parrots.

Anyway, pleased to meet you all, can't believe it's taken so long to search for a parrot forum..... seems a bit silly for it to have taken me so long to join you all!!!

See ya soon,

Gabz

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Welcome aboard Gabz! That's quite a flock. Thank you so much for rescuing these babies. We all love pictures here... Always feel free to show them off. This is a wonderful community/family here, always happy to help or answer any questions you might have, or just to share stories with. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Welcome! Thank you for taking in all these parrots! Wow on the budgie! What wonderful progress and trust.
Hopefully you won't feel shy in helping and advising members in need.

OP
G

Gabz

Feb 25, 2020
Glasgow, Scotland
Parrots
CAG - Tico - 2 (hand reared by us.)
CAG - Rosie - 10 (rescued Nov 19)
GCC - Kizzy - 9 (rescued Nov 19)
GCC - Kandy - 5 (rescued Nov 19)
Parakeet - JJ - 2 (rescued Dec 19)
you lovely folks, thank you for the warm welcome. As soon as I get my head round posting pics i will for sure bombard you with them all...

Conurecorner

Mar 1, 2020
You are so awesome to let her bring home the GCC too!!! It sounds like you guys have an awesome flock of birds :)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums, Gabz! Deep respect for rescuing, I have a hunch you have not reached your limit!

You can post a limited number of images via "paper clip" icon top row center of the grey box above. Many members prefer to use a free image hosting site such as Imgur.

Most Reactions

Latest posts