Hello to all

Annkh141

Jul 14, 2014
I have been in Medford Oregon for 40 years
Parrots
My new baby as of Friday
7-18-14 will be a GW Macaw
I am getting my new baby Green Wing Macaw this friday 7-18-14
She is beautiful, i am so blessed to be able to get her.
Her name will be Kalliope (Kalli) which means beautiful voice in Greek.
I am wanting to build her a play gym out of PVC
Are there any plans or detailed how to.
I love the one Triordan made. Any help would be appreciated
Thank you Annkh141

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello and welcome, Ann! Kalliope is a beautiful name for a GW! Looking forward to homecoming photos of your baby.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
PVC is super easy to work with. Just get creative, and make sure you measure correctly so that everything is cut to the same length.

The formula for stability is Width = 2xHeight.

So, in order to be completely stable, a playstand that is six feet tall needs to be three feet wide. Stay within those guidelines and it won't tip over. Also if you drill out the centers of your four way connects, you can add bolt on treat cups.

I use cargo nets on all of mine as multi level perching materials. Horse leads also make inexpensive "climbing vine" and swing toys.

Congrats on the greenwing. They are great birds. Mine is 16 years old, and is probably my most bonded bird at this point.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! I bet you are counting the hours until Kalli comes home. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of her:) Glad you joined us!

Most Reactions

Latest posts