my alexandrine parrot is bleeding

riya

Jul 14, 2014
my Alexandrine parrot was flying an by mistakenly fan was on and he got hurt. he was bleeding from mouth and nose and his whole body got lose. After some time the bleeding was stop but his legs are not working. He is not eating anything and if we make him eta something after 2 mins he vomet,
Please help me I dont know what to do. Please help me. Their is no bird doctor near by me so please tell me what medecine do i do. what should i give him to eat. please.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I'm terribly sorry this happened. The best advice I can give you is to get him to a vet as fast as you possibly can. The only thing you can safely do for him at home is keep him warm. It would be very dangerous to give him any kind of medication or try to feed him. There is no way of knowing what kind of internal damage he has. Is there an emergency pet clinic anywhere within driving distance?

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
If the fan was running at high speed, I'm afraid I don't like your bird's chances. I think you have three choices.

1. Do nothing: watch and wait.
2. Find a vet to help him.
3. Find someone to put him out of his pain peacefully.

If you do nothing, he will surely suffer while you wait.
If you find a vet, it will probably be costly and difficult, but he might be saved.
If you put him out of his pain you will never know if he might have survived.

The decision is completely up to you as none of us can see him to guess what condition he's in. I hope you have a good outcome in this, but I fear your bird has suffered devastating internal damage and may not recover from it. Please watch him carefully and make the best decision for him.

PS. Don't try to make him eat. If he's in shock, that could be very bad for him. Simply put food and water nearby so he can get it if he wants to. Keep him warm and in a peaceful dark place. Good luck!

Most Reactions

Latest posts