Hello! We're new here! :)

shotz71

May 31, 2012
New York
Parrots
Sunny - Green Cheeked Conure (Our little boy was DNA tested a little girl, so Sonny is now Sunny)
I just wanted to introduce myself and my new 5 month old Green Cheek Conure Sonny...(hopefully the picture comes thru...)

shotz71-albums-sonny-picture4255-snoozin.jpg

He has been in our family for almost 4 weeks now...he joined us on my birthday. He is 5 months old and has taken over the house! He is probably the sweetest thing ever and I can't imagine life without him!

I am new to Conures, though I have had Parakeet brothers and sisters growing up...I am like a nervous mom and have found many answers to questions I have on this forum so far, so I just wanted to say Hello and Thank You!

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
Welcome to the forum. Your little green cheek is adorable. They are just the sweetest birds ever. I never dreamed I could love mine the way I do.
Have fun here.

FutureDVM

Jan 20, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Crimson Bellied Conure (Penny), Maximillian Pionus (Piper), Lovebird (Poco)
Welcome to the forum! Your bird is absolutely gorgeous! Conures are a lot of fun and this is definitely a great place to learn more about them.

OP
shotz71

shotz71

May 31, 2012
New York
Parrots
Sunny - Green Cheeked Conure (Our little boy was DNA tested a little girl, so Sonny is now Sunny)
Thank you All!

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Your baby is so adorable! He looks very healthy. Welcome aboard! Conures are so sweet and so much fun.

OP
shotz71

shotz71

May 31, 2012
New York
Parrots
Thank you so much! Sonny is a a sweet and loving bird.

We have had no problem with adjusting to his new home...he is out of the cage most of the day just hanging out with my husband and myself, but he still likes playing in and on his cage, which has a bunch of toys, and is in the room where we all are.

I have just had some concerns about making sure he is eating right. He is from Petsmart, and he was on a mostly seed diet. I have been trying to find the perfect pellet, and he has been discovering a lot of fruit and vegetables that he really likes, as well as pasta. He still has some seeds but I only put them out after he has eaten other foods...

Sleeping is another story...the problem is that he doesn't want to be in his cage...he wants to sleep on us.

We are all learning, and glad to have this community to find answers and ask questions!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
welcome to the forum. what a cute picture. Alison and sweetie pie:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts