Hello :)

unicornrain

Jan 23, 2012
Tennessee
Parrots
1.) Paris- 1.5 year old Peachfaced/Fischer hybrid lovebird

2.) Sparky- 2 month old Fischer lovebird
sorry about the following book ^^'

I love parrots of any kind and I have worked with a lot from working for a breeder (from budgies, parrotlets, to all sorts of conures, to Alexandrian Parakeets, cockatoos and macaws, ect.), but my absolute favorites are lovebirds :) I have loved them since I was 16 but was unable to get one until I was 19.

I have had a grand total of three lovies:

Paris, a Peachfaced/Fischer hybrid, who is my best friend during the day and my snuggle buddy at night when I'm reading before bed. Until recntly, he thought he was a budgie XD He's spunky and ill natured sometimes, but I just love him more for it ;) I like attitude in my birds. He likes raisin bran flakes, strawberries, and cheerios. :rainbow1:

Oliver (also known as Ollie), a (seagreen?) Peach Faced who was the sweetest of any lovie I ever met, but died before I had a whole lot of time to get to know him. I think of him still and miss him every day. He liked cucumber and strawberries.

And Sparky, a baby (pied? he hasn't molted yet but I think he's a pied) light green Fischer who is new to my family (seriously. I got him last night) and I hope he enjoys his new home as much as I am enjoying him. His arrival was completely unexpected, but soon he will be spoiled rotten ;) Not sure what he likes yet but he seems willing to try anything. :rainbow1:

My mother also has a pair of parakeets, Sunny and Brutus, who are constantly keeping Paris entertained and exercised. They are his "siblings" and even though lovebirds are supposed to be aggressive towards them, he thinks he is one XD They love Christmas music and the occasional rice crispy.

There are also a few other birds that I love and wish I had, but perhaps it's a blessing to my parents (and my boyfriend) that I'm a broke college student:

Hank, who is a Hawk-Head Parrot, and probably the only "big" bird that I trust completely. He is around three years old and the biggest cuddle baby I've ever seen. He loves bananas :)

Baby (aka Leona but now Cleo), a sweet and spunky baby sun conure who was adopted by a friend of mine so I know she's being spoiled even more :) She likes(ed) anything you put in front of her, including what you're eating, even the things she's not supposed to have :)

Mia, a "gentle giant" who had a ton of attitude with the right balance of affection. She is a six year old Hyacinth Macaw who loves Michael Jackson, especially "Billy Jean", and loves to dance, play tag with your toes, and be held like a baby. She likes apples, pears, and animal crackers, and will yell which one she wants.

And Blue, who is the most irritating little parakeet I've ever seen :) He belongs to my boyfriend's mother, but he deserved a spot in this list because he chatters, mimics the dogs, wolf whistles, says "pretty bird" and a whole lot of other stuff and he likes to chew on everything, including mustaches :) He was also the first baby I ever handfed. He loves any kind of food, raw or cooked, but he will tear into some broccoli, buddy.

I can handfeed smaller birds such as budgies, cockatiels, and, of course, lovebirds, but I'm not that experienced with anything else. I have handfed a couple of white-capped pionuses with breeder's supervision.

I want to breed parakeets and lovebirds some day. Both kinds have such bright, curious personalities. (Paris likes to run away with my paint brushes, pencils, etc., chew on everything, and drops things on the floor just to hear their noise, just like any other lovie), and I find it difficult to not get a house full of the little critters

Most Reactions

Latest posts