Hello

Kristit731

Mar 18, 2012
My name is Kristi and I have become a bird person. I never dreamed of that, but it happened, and I couldnt be happier. I have an English Mastiff named Ayshia, an American Staffordshire terrier named Diesel, and a royal python named Lucy. My boyfriend (turned fiance 3 weeks ago) has a Jack Russel terrier named Missy and a Yorkshire terrier named Gizmo. Yes, it seems like we have a zoo, however, we are not animal hoarders or anything of the sort, and all of our animals are spoiled and very well taken care of. We each had our own and then we merged. The dogs are all outside dogs in a large fenced in yard. Anywho, one October afternoon, we went to the pet store to get a couple of mice for Lucy and as always, we set off to browse the entire store, when we came across the birds. There was a spunky little Pineapple GreenCheck doing the most comical hop around her cage. Through the glass, she was trying to communicate and hop onto my finger. During her goofy hopping, she managed to face plant twice. After the second time, I just knew she was meant for us. She was hatched in June 2011. She is quite a handfull. She thinks that she is the leader of the flock and wants things her way lol. We lover her and her antics dearly even though she is quite nippy alot of the time. She is either sweet and cuddly or angry and attacking. I dont let her have contact with the dogs, except the English Mastiff, and only with close supervision and she generally just hops onto the dogs face, bits her, and hops back off. Quite a daring little girl. We recently (Friday) added Rae Rae, a Sun Conor, who was hatched in 12/2011. He is such a beautiful boy, and now that I have found out that his behavior is normal for a baby bird, we couldnt be happier!

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Hi Kristi! Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your recent engagement as well as on your new additions to the family! There's a section here for Conures, so feel free to post any questions you might have = )

TurquoiseMel

Aug 10, 2011
NJ
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures
Turquoise: Loquito (Little crazy) aka Loqui.
Cinnamon: Lila
You're not a bird person you're an animal person ;)
So am I! lol welcome !!
congrats on the new babies AND the engagement ;D

lauraandlee

Mar 18, 2012
S.Wales UK
Parrots
Jet GCC - 16/1/12
Hiya and welcome,

Im an animal person too, and have a zoo of animals including a staff - buster, cocker - Alfie,a royal- Eve, 2 cats - Maisy and Hollie, 3 bearded dragons - sydney,pixie and Ozzy.

Of course none of my animals will b left near Jet or unsupervised.

Im new like you - Im currently waiting for my GCC to be weaned he should b with us within nxt week or two.

Congratulations :41:

Most Reactions

Latest posts