Hello

Riz

Sep 17, 2012
IL
Parrots
African Red-Bellied Parrot - Perry
Hi Everyone,

My name is Tom and I have a new African Red-Bellied parrot who I believe is male. He was hatched on 4/26/2012, so he is almost 5 months old. He is great fun to have around. I have done some research about the best way to care fot parrots, but there is LOTS of misinformation, or at least I should say conflicting information, out there. I am looking forward to getting good advice from the veterans on this list!

Thanks,

Tom

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Hi Tom welcome to the forum. I also have a red bellied parrot named Tiki. I have had her about 2 months or so and she was supposed to be 5 mo old when I purchased her from Craigs list Fort Meyer Fla pets. She was hand fed and hand tame when I got her and she is a doll. She whistles and makes neat clicking noises and cute sounds . She likes raw carrots and will unshell and eat whole almonds in the shell. She likes to cuddle, kiss, have her neck rubbed, ride on your shoulder, play with her toys ect. What did you name your new baby?:D

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Tom I just reread your post and when I bought Tiki the woman said she thought he was a male because of the colors but after researching online she is a deffinate female. The males have a lot of the red-orange on their chest -stomach area even at 5 mo old . I looked up pictures on line of african red bellied chicks at 5 mo old to see the coloring they should have as I had been under the impression that they did't get those colorings till their fist real one year old moult however the pictures really helped to tell me what she was. MY other 2 parrots would have to be dna'd or wait till one laid an egg but with the redbellied it is easy.:D

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum! I've only seen them and played with them for a bit in the past. Never owned one so can't give you much advice there.

Most Reactions