Hello!

JIRVIN

Oct 29, 2012
Parrots
Macaw named Bailey
Eclectus named Babygirl
Just wanted to introduce myself. Just brought home my new B & G macaw baby. Bailey!! He/She is 19 weeks old. (dna will be back sometime this week.) Just courious to get info on this age. I'm so ready for him to learn! I dont want to over whelm him tho. So far, he is already loved and spoiled. :)

Finch_Breeder

Oct 27, 2012
South Australia
Parrots
Rocky the Galah! & Cocky the Sulphur Crested Cockatoo!
Welcome to the forum
13.gif
i'm a new member as well. Hope all goes well with you and your B&G :blue:

OP
J

JIRVIN

Oct 29, 2012
Parrots
Macaw named Bailey
Eclectus named Babygirl
KEVINLUNDE--can you tell me some stuff that your B&G is doing? just wondering about one that is around the same age..

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
my guy is 9 months (an oldie compared to Bailey haha ;) ) but he is still a big sook :p you must be soo happy, they are such clowns! :D

OP
J

JIRVIN

Oct 29, 2012
Parrots
Macaw named Bailey
Eclectus named Babygirl
I am soooo happy to have him. My husband has a eclectus that is a "one owner" bird! so Im happy to have my own... well I say "my own" but he loves everyone so far and every one loves him.. my kids can hold him and play with him!

Kevinlunde

Oct 20, 2012
Jirvin:
Blu is doing a lot of stuff. He loves being around us when we are eating. He likes to play, or sit on a shoulder, and in general just be with us and do things.
I have started some training, and I can easily clip his nails, towel him, shower him and handle him like I want. I have learned him to give a high four, and he waves on command;)

For me the training the works well, and it is a part of the bonding progress. He likes to cuddle with both me and my wife, and my kids can hold him and give him a hug.

He is a baby, and is still afraid of new things, but as long as we are near we can introduce him to new things.
He LOVES to meet new people, especially if they offer some treats.

Take your time to bond with him and your macaw will love you;)
Introduce him for a clicker to start clickertraining, and try to teach him a simple trick;)

If you have more questions please ask away;)

OP
J

JIRVIN

Oct 29, 2012
Parrots
Macaw named Bailey
Eclectus named Babygirl
yall are great! and im sure there will be PLENTY of questions!!!! he seems very happy right now and he is willingly doing every thing we ask of him. he dont seem scared of anything!!! loves to be held and will already lay on his back and wants to cuddle alot

Most Reactions

Latest posts