Hello

am4z1ng

Dec 1, 2012
Media
Albums
Turkey
Parrots
One African Grey (Bonnie), 20 months old and one Amazonian orange wing (Kiwi) 16 months old
Hi everyone, I am very happy to have found this forum. I am Scottish but now live in a little village in Turkey. I have 9 pets, 2 of which are parrots. An African Grey called Bonnie and an Amazonian Orange Wing called Kiwi. Both are still quite young, Bonnie is about 2 years old and Kiwi 16 months. Im looking forward to reading and sharing news about them.:grey::green:;-)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey and welcome to the forum . Did you find your Amazon there in Turkey?

OP
am4z1ng

am4z1ng

Dec 1, 2012
Media
Albums
Turkey
Parrots
One African Grey (Bonnie), 20 months old and one Amazonian orange wing (Kiwi) 16 months old
Thank you for the welcome folks. Bit unsure how to work this forum, be patient with me if I make mistakes. I am looking for advice on issues with my African Grey. He's still young and learning, says only 2 words but normally very friendly. I went away for 2 weeks recently and left him with my partner, whom he also loves. Since returning, he's very 'off' with me, wont step up..even started growling at me when I put my hand in his cage. He wasn't like this before? Can anyone point me in the right direction for advice please?

OP
am4z1ng

am4z1ng

Dec 1, 2012
Media
Albums
Turkey
Parrots
Yes, we got Kiwi in Turkey. We used to see her (think its female) in a pet shop whilst buying for our other pets. She was small...over preened, in a cage littered with poop and old seed and no toys or interaction. We couldnt stand seeing her like this..so decided to buy her and add her to our family. She was just a year old in August 2012, we got her May 2012. She was very frightened to start but within a week of working with her, she was stepping up and letting us stroke her back. No talking yet or much noise, just the contented beak grinding so far.

Most Reactions