Hello!

Retro21

Dec 27, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Lola, 10 yo GW macaw.
Hi all! We have a 10 year old Greenwing named Lola. She's a great bird, except for some recent behavior problems, but I'll make a separate post about that! ;) She's a great talker, she has about 50 word vocabulary. She's a snuggler and always a source of entertainment for us. We have had her since she was 4 months old. I'm looking forward to reading about everyone's feathered friends here!

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
Pictures please!! My gw Moses turned 6 months yesterday. I am wondering at what age did Lola start to speak? Moses says hello (although not the clearest) He does lots and lots of mumbling but nothing that I can make out except his Hello.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
hello retro21 , welcome to the forum.

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
Welcome! I saw your other post about the "nesting" sorry I couldn't help~ would love to see a picture!

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Welcome to the forum. I adore green Wings!

I am on a waiting list for a baby in next years hatchings, but I did just find an adorable 3 month old little girl GW that will be coming home in Feb. or March.

I look forward to seeing lots of pics of your Lola.

OP
Retro21

Retro21

Dec 27, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Lola, 10 yo GW macaw.
So, I take it I should post some pics, huh? lol, ok, here you go:

P1010105.jpg

This is an oldie, but one of my faves. We used to have an RV with a cage in it for Lola. Sadly, we had to sell it.

P1010066.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

Brianlinkles: Lola started talking almost as soon as we brought her home. I think her first word was either hello or peekaboo. Peekaboo is definitely her favorite word, it's the one I am most likely to get her to say on command, but even then she is sometimes stubborn, lol. She learned a large majority of her words while bathing or showering with me, that seemed to be when she was most excited and talkative. She hasn't learned any new words in quite a while though.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Most Reactions

Latest posts