Hello from Topanga California *Green Cheek Conure*

smahoney

Dec 28, 2012
Santa Monica Mountains
Parrots
a Green Cheek Conure. ONe year old. My first Conure.
We are the new owners (or maybe I should say parents?) of a one year old Green Cheek Conure. She is our first mini parrot. Her previous owner could not keep because she did not like their other birds and fought with them (the other birds). Apparently she only likes her kind?:green2:

We ADORE her. It's only been 24 hours. lol.

So, she's still very young. Really sweet and already seems really comfortable in our house? Is that normal? Could she just be happy to be the top/only bird?

The only thing I'm bummed about is the scented candles thing and how they are not good for birds? I love to light candles (esp. in winter).

:)but..... I can adabt.

Any tips for a novice are welcome. We had a cockatiel :yellow1: for 14 years, but this is out first *parrot*.

:D

Sylvia

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Welcome to the forum Sylvia :)

Congrats on your new addition:)

It sounds like he loves his new home already.

We have lots of Conure Owners on the forum who will be able to answer all your questions.

Do you have any pics to share with us?

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Hi and welcome to the forum and congrats on your new baby. In the forum part of the site their is a section on conures of various kinds with lots of info and in the recipie section there are lots of ideas for things to make and feed your new green cheek baby. My yellow sided green cheek named Chiquita has just turned one year old. They are really cute little birds with a mind of their own:D:)

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
Hello and welcome. Time to get your "Parrot Grammar" correct! You are not a parent, you are a "parront" and a Cockatiel is a parrot. :)

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Not just scented candles :), most cleaning supplies must be used very carefully, no non stick pans(Teflon) no Teflon products, no air fresheners, fabreeze, smoke(careful when cooking), most things with a strong smell, a whole bunch of stuff :)

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Hi and welcome to the forum...

Green Cheeks are wonderful birds... Lots of parrot packed into that little body...

The GCCs I have are happy to play in their cages, when I'm not around and I'm sure she would be happy to be the only bird in the house hold... They bond really well to their humans, as you've already seen. They need lots of interaction with you to remain stable in temperament.

They are high energy birds, so keeping them flighted helps burn off some of that energy, that could otherwise go directly to you hands or other bodyparts...

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Welcome to the forum. And welcome to the world of GCCs. They are awesome little things. And yes, your sweety could very well be happy already in your home. Some can adjust very fast, especially if they have a good feeling with the new parronts in their life. Good luck with her & I look forward to seeing pics of the little cutie.

Most Reactions

Latest posts