Hello!

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to tell you a bit about myself...

I live in Connecticut with my husband and10 year old son. In March of this year, we lost our precious Black-capped Conure, Taylor ("Girlie"), to PDD. She was our very first bird and we adored her. She was only with us for a year and a half and passed just shy of her 2nd birthday. The only exposure she had to other birds after we brought her into our home was when we boarded her while away on vacation. We boarded her at the bird store where we got her from and also at the vet.

I know I will eventually get another bird as I am truly a bird lover now. I hope to get some input from you all regarding your experiences with certain birds that I'm thinking of getting when I am ready to bring a new friend into our lives. Needless to say, I am deathly afraid of ever boarding a bird again, but I'm not sure we have any other options as we do not live near family and finding a qualified, experienced bird-sitter is difficult. I'm hoping the answer to this dilemma will be revealed in time and with more research.

Anyway, I'm very happy to be here and am looking forward to getting to know you all!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hi there GreatBlue320, and welcome to the forums. :)

I am truly so sorry to hear of the death of your Taylor. :( PDD is one very nasty disease. Has it every occurred to you, that maybe - JUST maybe - Taylor was afflicted with the disease from birth?

One of our mods, Stephen (Anansi) lost his beloved Eclectus Bixby not long ago, also due to PDD.
http://www.parrotforums.com/bereavement/51844-bixby-he-had-heart-lion.html

Great to have you on board, and welcome again!! :)

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Hi and welcome. I am also living in CT if the store you got your baby from was in either Wallingford or Orange CT then that could be the problem I have heard some horror stories from those two places. I won't go in there based on things I have heard from people I trust.

I am so sorry you lost Taylor and hope that you will find the perfect new little friend. They can never be replaced but it is comforting to love another one.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello and Welcome!

Deepest condolences for your loss of Taylor .

Most Reactions