Andje

May 18, 2015
Eastern Massachusetts
Parrots
Amazon
Blue Crowned Conure
Green Cheek Conure
I just joined ParrotForums and am looking forward to getting to know folks as well as get some answers to a few questions I have, but more of that later.

We (my wife and I) have three birds, two of which "technically" belong to children. My wife got a Green-cheeked Conure, Cricket, ten years ago while I was deployed to Iraq. Cricket's a sweet little guy who loves to ride around on our shoulders.

My oldest daughter got her Blue-crowned Conure, Terrance, at the same time as my wife got Cricket, but she didn't have the temperament to handle him; now he's now bonded with my wife. He doesn't like me very much.

My son left his Red-lored Amazon named "Theo" with us when he moved to China. Since our son is now getting married to a local young woman, we aren't sure when (or if) he's going to return to the states and have Theo move back in with him. Theo also bonded with my wife but will tolerate me if I'm giving him treats.

So, even though only one of the three birds finds me agreeable, I nevertheless enjoy them, and since I retired I've become their main caretakers.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hi there Andje, welcome to the forums, and THANK YOU for your service. :)

Looking forward of getting to know your feathered family (even if they're not 'technically' yours ;) )

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! I also want to thank you for your service.
I`m so glad you joined us and I would love to see pictures of your `blended`feathered family:)

Most Reactions