Hello!

Hawkmaid

Aug 9, 2016
North America
Parrots
My very first bird is a Green Cheeked Conure!
Hi guys, I'm a new owner of a Green-cheeked Conure named Cricket. I've always loved birds (hawks specifically), and I'm super excited about finally taking care of a real parrot! He's quite a character at only a year old, and I'm ready to spend the time necessary to bond with him and train him.

I myself have a lot to learn about the bird world despite lots of research, so I'm hoping to both make friends and gain advice on my parrot-keeping. See you around!
Hawk
:D:rainbow1:
P.S. I also own a rabbit, but she's not half as animated as Cricket. :p :D

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello Hawk and welcome!
I'm so glad you joined us and I look forward to hearing more about Cricket:) Do you have any pictures to share, we love pictures!

Nicole07

Aug 11, 2016
North America
Parrots
Alohi, a baby sun conure.

Zoey, a 29 year old male congo African Grey.

Maui, GCC; RIP
Green cheeks are the absolute most adorable and hilarious birds! A GCC was my first as well. They are so much fun and so worth it. Welcome to the forum!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thank you for the new game, it is cracking me up!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello, welcome to the forums! We're happy you joined us! Cricket sounds adorable! Looking forward to photos!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. Tell us more about your Lil guy..
Name, what he's eating, what toys he likes.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Hi, welcome to the forum :). I love Green Cheeks! We'd love to hear more about Cricket.

Ps.. I love the game you started. It's hilarious!

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
welcome to you and Cricket. you have certainly come to the right place to learn more about partots and make lots of friends as you do. Hope you and Cricket enjoy the forum and all it has to offer :)

OP
Hawkmaid

Hawkmaid

Aug 9, 2016
North America
Parrots
My very first bird is a Green Cheeked Conure!
Haha, I'm glad the game is a hit! I've got more to submit too. ;)

I'll send pictures once I upload some to my computer (I have a real camera, no iPhone/iPod to do so, so it's harder). Plus at the moment he's molting, so he's not that pretty. XD

For now, he loves a conure mix for food, and bananas. And people's fingers. Especially if they're chicken, cuz then they taste like chicken (or so he tells me. ;) ).

Toys he could care less about (so far), and he loves to be pet my all my family members except for one, whom he hates. Probably because that brother has the deepest voice of all of us and is 6"2' (yet I'm older - HOW IS THAT FAIR?!). He also loves screeching to make the dog come running over, because he finds that hilarious. We don't. Though, now we joke we got the bird a dog. :p

Most Reactions

Latest posts