Hello!

TheAlexian

Aug 21, 2018
Parrots
2 parakeets, 1 green cheek conure
Hi everyone! I'm brand new here. I have had two parakeets (Pepper and Pineapple) for a little over 1.5 years, and recently added a GCC, Hestia. Hestia has been quite a leap in terms of care, interaction, and so on, so I decided to join a forum to get some advice from fellow GCC owners. (I'll post on the species-specific forum about that.) Looking forward to learning, chatting, and sharing!

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Welcome! We love pictures!

GCCs are awesome and as you guys grow in your relationship you’ll step into a flow together. There are lots of threads and advice in to conure forum.

Welcome, welcome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and your growing menagerie! You are in great company with many members living with conures.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Welcome!! :)
How did you get to "Hestia" as a name?

imemi

Aug 19, 2018
Australia
Parrots
1 Male eclectus
Welcome!
I've just found out how different the leap from "Caring for" birds in a retail setting vs owning one and building a bond is. 3 days into my journey with an Eclectus and it's been about 9 years after learning all the day to day care in a pet store, so heaps has changed.
We had budgies and cockatiels growing up.
I've got a lot of support but have found so so much information here on the forum that I'm still sorting through. I'm sure you'll find the same!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome - lots of budgie and conure people here!

Most Reactions