Hello

Cockatoo Mom

Dec 30, 2010
Hi, I am new to the forum. I live in Iowa and have a U2 named Tiffany. I have had her for 2 years and she is 16. Her band says FL MLA 94 29. So I am guessing she was hatched in FL in 1994. I don't know what the other numbers and letters stand for. She has been rehomed at least twice, so the background info I have on her is sketchy. She is beautiful and friendly and well behaved, so I expect she has had good homes.
My husband has a Quaker named Birdie, but he is evil and bites, drawing blood everytime I try to do anything with him. And I have been in his life for 9 years. He is very much my husbands bird. I look forward to getting to know you all better.:white1:

Chris Winkler

Oct 8, 2010
Media
NW Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo TAG,
Kodak Wt Face Tiel &
Tobi Male Ekkie
9.gif

Glad to meet you! the bands are always so hard to figure out. My Echo is from Texas and Tobi is from Florida but that’s all I have figured out. I brought them both home as babies so I know their hatch dates. Kodak my cockatiel was from a local hobby breeder so he is not banded,

I had a quaker before and she would bite all the time. She was hand fed and not hand shy at all. She would be on my shoulder and very happy and out of nowhere she would bite and boy can they bite hard. It didn't matter if she was near her cage or not she was very aggressive.

I had to find her a new home because I couldn't have her out of her cage without warring that she would bite one of my kids. She also had attacked one of my cockatiels. He would of bled to death if my daughter would not of called me home knowing he was in need of urgent care.

Anyway some pics of your U2 would be lovely! I would love to have a U2 but from what I have read they are so demanding of your time that my other guys would not get what they need. Infact my local pet store will birdsit a U2 named Buddy and he will have a very loud temper tantrum if no one is paying attention to him.

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
Welcome to the forum... Happy New Year

I have a friend that has a Quaker and same thing.. he will attack and bite the heck out of you...

Most Reactions