Hello (:

ASHxNEFF

Dec 29, 2010
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Darwyn- princess parrot
Hi there, I'm new to this forum as well. I will soon be the proud keeper of a princess parrot. I have done lots of research and found them to be a very good choice for me, since I've only ever had parakeets before and would like to take care of something a bit bigger. My other pets are a lhasa apso/cockapoo mix dog named Emmy and a lion head/dwarf bunny named Aiden. Thank you everyone for posting lots of good advice. I've been reading through different posts and find a lot of them helpful :):white1:

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Hi there!

I am SO very jealous that you've got a princess parrot! I only came to know of them a few weeks ago - they are beautiful!

Can't wait for pics :D

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Welcome and we love photos. Please go to the technical forum and you will find instructions on how to upload.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

Glad you find the forum to be so useful
Are you getting a male of female princess parrot, just curious to now
Let us know when the bird arrives

OP
ASHxNEFF

ASHxNEFF

Dec 29, 2010
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Darwyn- princess parrot
There is one of each that i can choose from.. i only know thay by the behaviors of the one. Im still unsure of which gender I'll choose. The male seems pretty vocal and when we payed attention to the other, he acted pretty jealous. The other is very calm. I think I'm just going to see which one takes to me better. I'm iffy about a female since they can possibly have egg laying issues.. but a male is known to be louder.. I looked all over for information to help my choice but I'm still stuck lol.

OP
ASHxNEFF

ASHxNEFF

Dec 29, 2010
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Darwyn- princess parrot
Today's the big day! I'm so excited lol. I've done soo much research on anything and everything having to do with Princesses. I've decided names. I'll have him/her dna sexed before my choice though.. since theyre both young and I want to be sure I'm not giving a female a male name lol. I chose Darwyn if I get a boy (influenced by Charles Darwin. I'm a huge fan of Genetics and his theories/studies and biology in general) or Lorca for a little girl (after Fredrico Garcia-Lorca, a famous spanish poet.) Sorry for the long post.. I'm just very excited and needed to vent some of it. Lol. i'll post pics tonight :)

OP
ASHxNEFF

ASHxNEFF

Dec 29, 2010
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Darwyn- princess parrot
Sorry for the multiple replies.. I just brought him home.. I can't post a picture right on here, it seems (I don't ever use a computer, but rather use my phone..). I guess I have to post the pictures on my profile...

OP
ASHxNEFF

ASHxNEFF

Dec 29, 2010
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Darwyn- princess parrot
Darwyn-1-1.jpg

Well, here he is!. I know that his cage is way too small, his new one is on it's way and will be here in 3-6 days (fingers crossed for just 3 :)). I also added some new toys after I took this. Once again I appologize for all the updates. I just really wanted to make sure you guys got your picture. ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts