Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I guess them picking you IS huge, and worth paying more! I "ordered" the BWP I wanted (Raven) from his breeder, and had him shipped across the country. When he met me he was clearly disappointed LOL! But thankfully he has slowly 'learned' to be fond of me over the years :).

Good luck finding your blue YNA, and may they be the perfect companion as well.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Rachel had one.

I don't know who took over Howard Voren's aviaries after he died, but Howard Voren is the one who had all the mutations. Howard was one of the original old school parrot breeders. He was quite a character. A LOT of what we know today about parrots came from Howard. He is missed...

(Henpecked is a friend of Howard.)

Voren\'s Aviaries - Advancement of Psittacultural Science

OP
Y

YNAfan

Dec 20, 2016
VA
Parrots
YNA
CAG
Alex
I'm still hoping to get a response here. I have asked 2 admins including scot but I'm not sure they sent my contacts to Henpecked .

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I'm still hoping to get a response here. I have asked 2 admins including scot but I'm not sure they sent my contacts to Henpecked .

Please know that Henpecked has been very busy of late and as a result has been difficult to contact.

OP
Y

YNAfan

Dec 20, 2016
VA
Parrots
YNA
CAG
Alex

Please know that Henpecked has been very busy of late and as a result has been difficult to contact.

Ok , I have been waiting for him to answer for quite some time now, please advice how to get in touch with him. thanx

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
If you are still looking I found this

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI_WP0SWlpU"]Blue mutation yellow naped amazon proven pair for sale 01 زوج يلوناب ازرق منتج للبيع - YouTube[/ame]

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
texsize, you are such a tease! :D

At the price per gram of a YNA Blue Mutation, one would need several oil wells to support their purchase!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'

At the price per gram of a YNA Blue Mutation, one would need several oil wells to support their purchase!

Using that formula, a "pre-owned" blue front works out to 83 cents a gram for those looking for a budget blue parrot:p. Wonder what these blue beauties would cost? More than a HY?

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I was just doing some surfing at work. Doing a google search for amazon mutations the Blue YNA shows up a lot.
When I saw that video I remember someone on the forum was looking for one.

Just thought I would be helpful ;)

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Kizzy - (most likely) female blue-fronted Amazon, hatched on May 1, 2017; Gabby - Male double yellowheaded Amazon, hatched, April 1, 1986; died February 22, 2017
My wallet hurts just thinking about those beauties!

If Henpecked helps you locate one (and if anyone would know where to get one, he would), I think us amazon lovers on here would all be very excited to have a blue mutation YNA around on the forums! Very rare, very beautiful, would be curious about personality etc.. compared to a 'normal' YNA.

There might be a personality difference due to inbreeding. There are some who claim it causes health problems, too, though. I have no idea how you could find out if that's the case with such a rare mutation.

Every once in awhile, I Google blue YNA just to look at them, though. Beautiful.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

Using that formula, a "pre-owned" blue front works out to 83 cents a gram for those looking for a budget blue parrot:p. Wonder what these blue beauties would cost? More than a HY?

They are both up there in the thin air world in costs. Far North of the 25,000 USD mark if I recall correctly.

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Kizzy - (most likely) female blue-fronted Amazon, hatched on May 1, 2017; Gabby - Male double yellowheaded Amazon, hatched, April 1, 1986; died February 22, 2017

They are both up there in the thin air world in costs. Far North of the 25,000 USD mark if I recall correctly.

The last number I remember was $50,000-$60,000 from several years ago. Who knows what it is now?

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Rachel had one.

I don't know who took over Howard Voren's aviaries after he died, but Howard Voren is the one who had all the mutations. Howard was one of the original old school parrot breeders. He was quite a character. A LOT of what we know today about parrots came from Howard. He is missed...

(Henpecked is a friend of Howard.)

Voren\'s Aviaries - Advancement of Psittacultural Science

It was Howard Voren and Rick Jordan's book that helped me become a successful hand-feeder: Hand-feeding and Nursery Management. Even though the book is quite old, I re-read as much of it as I could before I took Kizzy in. I was pleasantly surprised to find I had tucked photos of some of my babies--a clutch of four-week-old CAGs--into the book and had used them as a bookmark. The photos were over twenty years old. :) Anyway, due to the help of that book and Bird Talk magazine, I only ever lost one hand-feeding baby to a heart defect.

I didn't know Voren had passed away. It wasn't that long ago I found some photos he had taken of some chocolate raspberry blue fronts. I like the look of those, too, but the blue napes are stunning.

Last edited:

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
I'm sure many (all?) of you have seen this page, but I found the info on the site very interesting. If the blue mutation is as different and special as claimed, it makes me want one, too. :) It will be a long time before blue napes are available to everyone. I'll be six feet under by then. Besides, one parrot is more than enough for me.

I was going to bring up concerns regarding color morphs, but there's no reason to go there. The OP is probably aware of them and how he / she decides to respond to them is none of my business.

YNAfan, if you really do get a blue, we require copious photos and videos. Please.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Whoever took over Howard Voren's aviaries has them...

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I have one on his split to blues hens. Awaiting a mate. The blue mutation napes were about 12k when I got my hen from him. He wasn't raising many Pet quality blue napes most where for breeder customeres.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Henpecked does not stop around as often these days. He commonly has babies each year, but normally has a waiting list.
If you are looking for YNA Blue mutation, I'm not sure if he does.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

Using that formula,Amy is worth $420.81! :eek: and a few more zero's and it MIGHT be close :D

Jim

Most Reactions