Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Don't you wish the OP would give us some clearer photos, and let us know how big/little the baby was? That would SO help in trying to ID him/her. ;)

Yes. We can use some more info :). To be fair, I know that sometimes depending on the angle of the camera shot, heads, beaks, and body parts can look larger or smaller or a bit different than they are in real life.

A Plum Headed has a distinctive tell tale tail which we can't see here... It is long, and has only 2 central feathers, and is very narrow. These 2 central long feathers are blue with white tips for about an inch (or a couple centimeters). Mine had this tail even as a juvenile. He had around a cockatiel sized body. I wish we can see more!

Last edited:

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Depending on the age... My friend breeds plumbers and her chicks are almost ready to go home but still have rather short tails. I will admit never studying them very closely, but I would really like to see more pictures, different angles, better lighting, and on a hand. Plum heads are indeed cockatiel sized, even a tad smaller than some I think, but with that stunning long tail. Don't worry, I won't be offended if Julie is correct lol, that's just the only bird I have ever seen that looks like that :)

OP
N

namikazekasumi

Jul 29, 2015
Pakistan,Islamabad
Parrots
1 Plum-Headed Female
Guyz finally i know which kind of parrot is Luna she is a plum-headed Parrot Today a patient came and she told me that she had a lot of parrots and the one that i have is Plum Headed Thanks you Guyz you really helped me a big time *(^o^)* but i'll send some pictures just to confirm it

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Take a good pic of the tail :). Not that I don't believe you, but man.. that head and beak and even the eye just look so big for a PHP in the second pic! Probably just the pic ;).
But makes sense if you say it came out of the forest in Pakistan to this lady who gave him to you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts