Help I'm worried

Happyminion

Apr 12, 2015
My parrot may of eaten a sequin and I'm freaking out!!! I checked over what I suspect he ate and I ant find a missing sequin but when I noticed he was messing with the item I took it away immediately, I also heard him biting something when he was there but again I can't find any missing sequins but I'm still worried that I haven't seen it and he did actually eat one, they're only small but I'm still worried, I don't want to take him to a vet but will he be okay? I.e will it pass through his system okay?

Any comments and suggestions are welcome 😭

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Welcome to the forums. :)

What type of parrot are we talking about here, and what type of sequin did he 'possibly' ingest?

IF in doubt, I'd always recommend taking him to the vet to prevent possible heartache. I know you said you don't want to take him - but just imagine the worst case scenario.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Most of the time they chew on it and let it go somewhere [if they even got it]. The only thing that you could do is take him to a vet . For now keep a close eye on his crop and behavior.

OP
H

Happyminion

Apr 12, 2015
Thank you and he is a parakeet, it was small sequin usually put on clothes

Most Reactions

Latest posts