Help! I'm worried!

RAYE

Sep 20, 2016
KY
Parrots
Kiki (Green Cheek Conure, RIP), Silva (Female Turquoise Green Cheek Conure)
So recently, my Turquoise Green Cheek Conure (3 or 4 months old.) has been acting a little strange. I'll get her out, and she'll snuggle under my neck. But then she'll start chirping, closing her eyes and flailing a little bit. I've been told it's a sign of affection, but I can't help but feel worried. Is there a possibility that she's sick?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
So recently, my Turquoise Green Cheek Conure (3 or 4 months old.) has been acting a little strange. I'll get her out, and she'll snuggle under my neck. But then she'll start chirping, closing her eyes and flailing a little bit. I've been told it's a sign of affection, but I can't help but feel worried. Is there a possibility that she's sick?

Listess, puffed-up with no interests in coming out of the cage is more along the the long line of an ill Parrot.

Sounds more like comfort zone.

Read more of the Conure Forum.

OP
RAYE

RAYE

Sep 20, 2016
KY
Parrots
So she's just happy?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

Listess, puffed-up with no interests in coming out of the cage is more along the the long line of an ill Parrot.

Sounds more like comfort zone.

Read more of the Conure Forum.

From the information you provided my conclusion is that she is Happy!

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
I agree with Sailboat.

But if you want further reassurance- observe her for a bit. If she is perching upright and has a healthy appetite, you should be okay. A sick bird wouldn't be trying to interact with you- but rather isolate.

The signs of an ill bird are very hard to notice at first because they are masters of disguise when it comes to that- out of survival (in the wild, the flock will reject them or even kill them if they are sick).

Best ways to tell is by monitoring droppings daily, appetite and perching habits. Also checking that the nares (nostrils) are clean and unobstructed and the bird is a healthy weight.

I get obsessive when it comes to that and Skitty, but it does help put my mind at ease.

OP
RAYE

RAYE

Sep 20, 2016
KY
Parrots
@All who answered, thank you so much! I think it's safe to say she's all right. She eats healthy and her droppings are normal. As far as I know her weight is normal. Thanks for putting my mind at ease!

Most Reactions

Latest posts